still getting loss of power, video inside

karl210

Reaction score
I will be driving my car normally and all seems well, slightly sluggish but nothing too bad and when i give it some beans for the first time it gets revved its fine but after that it seems to drastically loose power at high rpm. Today i cleaned the throttle body and a few sensors and it revved well and i thought i had fixed it, so i joined the motorway and it went very well, but after a few goes the problem has come back :sob: so i quickly pulled off onto my private runway and i filmed the dials.
This is 100% full throttle from 3rd gear to 6th gear, as you can see it just wont rev, the more you boot it and keep trying im sure the worse it gets, somebody please help because its really annoying me and a lot of cars that should be left behind are beating me, its embarrasing. Its a 2001 amk remapped with cone filter and n249 bypass.

Last edited by a moderator:
No split pipes, boost leaks?

Hissing/whistling noises?

More induction roar than normal?

No nothing unusual, checked everywhere for leaks and split pipes but nothing, there is a hissing lower in the rpm now and again but this doesnt feel related, ive been reading on the tt forum and someone had the same problem due to the tip collapsing, so going to test it without air filter now

Holy sh!t the thing just flew! What have I been missing out on! Going to do another test run later on a my longer private runway and if it runs that good again I finally have a reason to buy one of bils tips

Just noticed my postcount of 69 giggedy

Last edited:
well upon removing the tip this happened
DSC_0224.jpg

and note the nackered pcv bit too so i think its time for a new silicone hose me thinks, but as always i enjoy a good bodge so ive siliconed some pvc pipe to the weaker bits of the tip which should support it and keep it from collapsing, had a quick go at fitting it to the turbo without the bit that has ripped off and it fits snugly enough to do for now. so when the silicone has dried im gonna go take it for another spin and report back. Really struggling to find a distributer within 100 miles or so of eihther the badger5 or the sfs tip, most are made to order and take roughly 2 weeks but im an impatiant sod and i will find somewhere!

hmmm it has helped a bit but the problem is still there, it is much better though. I was impatient and the silicone hadnt cured yet and i only bodged one bit of it so im not even sure if that is the bit thats collapsing, off to awesome tommorow i think to get me either the sfs or the badger 5 and i will post back