Would there be any Problems with fitting a De-cat Exhuarst system on a Audi S3 1999

thassall4295

Reaction score
Hi there I have been looking for a while for a Post about De-cating a Audi S3 1999 I know newer models you get problems with the engine managment light coming on ect.. but I was just wondering will you with the 1999 one?

Hope some one can answer me thank you very much for your time.

you can get the light mapped out

only other problem your have is the MOT. unless you have a friend in a garage or keep your old cat and swap back before the mot is due

Thank you for the fast reply, right yeah they make me a custom de-cat pipe n put new flanges ect.. on old ones so it can be refitted by myself before MOT's I understand they don't make much performance diffrence I just hear they give a nicer sound is this true do you know?

I love me Audi s3 it's just they don't sound mean for the power they are really. I want it sounding a bit meaner n like it eats the road lol.

Thanks again for the reply!

If you really want a meaner sound, get a downpipe and decat from either pipeworx or xspower. Making a decat for the standard twin downpipe design is pointless and a waste of time, I don't think you'd be overly impressed with it. A proper 3 inch downpipe and decat you will

Pm Sam Bryant on here, he got me my downpipe and sportcat sorted cheaper then anywhere else and rapid postage from USA!

I think he's on at min on thread tt180 post downpipe Decat.

And YouTube the noise, I agree as above you need both downpipe and Decat or sport cat for better sound.

Cheers, Sean

Reactions: sambryant