Rear spring A3 T sport

Nick090884

Reaction score
Hi ya Peep''s

The rear bushes are being done today and my rear spring has snapped at the bottom, my question is theres a few options online and was wondering if i had sports suspension and needed a curtain pair ? on euro parts all the springs are stating for cars without sport suspension so not sure what its mean to be replaced with.

Cheers

Nick

Basically aftermarket companies will rarely replicate OEM sport suspension springs. They only produce the standard ride height spring. If your car is a sport model, then fitting normal springs will raise it about 15-20mm typically.

Your options are basically goto Audi and pay about 60-70quid for one spring (and you should probably change both), or buy a full lowering kit. If you stick to a mild drop of 20-30mm, it'll only go slightly lower than your standard sport springs, as the drop is measured from standard height.

Basically aftermarket companies will rarely replicate OEM sport suspension springs. They only produce the standard ride height spring. If your car is a sport model, then fitting normal springs will raise it about 15-20mm typically.

Your options are basically goto Audi and pay about 60-70quid for one spring (and you should probably change both), or buy a full lowering kit. If you stick to a mild drop of 20-30mm, it'll only go slightly lower than your standard sport springs, as the drop is measured from standard height.

Hi ya mate cheers for the info ! hmmm not sure what to do now . my car is a t sport so the springs online are going to raise the rear which i dont really like the sound of.... i might have to try and find some second hand as ive still rear discs and mot and tax within the next few day and not sure if its going to fail on anything else yet. its turning into a money pit without even modding it yet. lol

Cheers again dude.

Dont suppose any of you guys have any t sport coil springs that they wanna sell to me ?