OEM airbox screws/bolts needed.. will pay

jamieA3

Reaction score
As above really guys. I have the airbox but no fixings for it. I will hapily pay for these if you have them spare. I;m removing a dirty K n N that previous owner had fitted ( badly ) and cant justify the 120 pound extra the insurance company wants for a cone.

Thanks muchly, could a moderator lock the thread when someone gives a positive response.

jamie

You could try Stoke Audi, they are site sponsors. You will find them on the sponsors section on the main forum page. X

didnt realy want to pay dealer prices sandra, thaught if someone had the parts laying around ( as most people seem to go jetex ) then they might want to flog them. I cant find any on ebay that dont come with the air box. Thanks, Jamie

2 Mine were missing, in Nottingham we have a fixings shop that has every size bolt, screw, nut, nail, washer ever made. I just got some from there. Cost couple of quid. I also changed all my engine cover fixings to Allen key heads as the STD ones were rounded off.

Took the car down and trial and error, I've got an s3 now that was my a3 but done same for engine covers

Am off to car death row tommorow, ill have a look for you, if i find some ill sneak em in my pocket for u, just pay the postage :)

As always Carl you are a star. ill add a bit more on top to cover your hassle and the rick of being nicked for theft lol

lol you would not beleive some of the things ive walked out of a scrap yard with! (or really say to our lass "quick stick that down ur kegs). If I get some just postage mate am not charging for something that's not cost nothing. (my scrappies will let me have screws etc for nothin to be honest lol)

didnt realy want to pay dealer prices sandra, thaught if someone had the parts laying around ( as most people seem to go jetex ) then they might want to flog them. I cant find any on ebay that dont come with the air box. Thanks, Jamie

I'm not sure why you are so worried? Dealer prices are not too bad for screws and bolts. I paid 26p each for the screws that hold the lower door skirt trim on an S3, the dealer had to take £1.04p off me for 4 screw, the postage and packaging must have cost that!? Haldex ECU metal gasket and hex bolts are under £5 aswell. It's the larger parts you need to worry about!

I'm not sure why you are so worried? Dealer prices are not too bad for screws and bolts. I paid 26p each for the screws that hold the lower door skirt trim on an S3, the dealer had to take £1.04p off me for 4 screw, the postage and packaging must have cost that!? Haldex ECU metal gasket and hex bolts are under £5 aswell. It's the larger parts you need to worry about!
That would be very true

I have an OEM airbox sat on the floor of my workshop.... Will check all the bolts are in it if they are I will drop you a PM and you can have em

I bought a fixing a few months back for my airbox whilst I was in getting a pair of screws for my engine cover and if memory serves me right it was less than a pound.

I'm all for saving money, but if there's an Audi dealership near you, it would def be worth ringing and double checking.

thanks to all who replied. cant believe ive had 109 views on a thread about nuts.:eyebrows:

BIG THANKS TO CSJUK who as always has been a great help.

case closed

Hi all, know this is an old thread. But I'm having the same issue, struggling to find some. Anyone got any part numbers for TPS or anywhere. Cheers