What could the problem be??????

• Thread starter imported_alecblack
  • Start date
I

imported_alecblack

Hi all,

Any suggestions?

The ride quality on my car seems to have got worse over the last 3-4 months, it seems to me like it may be a suspention problem. I am getting more vibration through the car so much so i can hear interior parts rattle which wasnt there before.

I have checked my front tyres and they seem to be slightly more worn on the outside edge. I dont think it is the wheel bearings as i jacked the car up and there was no play on the wheel. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

What mileage have you done ?

Have you checked the front and rear bushes for signs of wear ? - Are the shocks ok - any signs of leaks ?

when were the wheels last tracked and balanced ?

Have you changed the setup of the car of modified the tyre pressures

Are the anti roll bars ok - check that the collars are ok and the bushes again arent worn front and rear

Have the suspension mounts checked - look for signs of wear or play

Make sure there is no evidence of damage to the springs - check they havent cracked / split

Audi do an MPI check - which I had done recently which will give you a full vehicle safety report and help identify many of these issues - check with the dealer on pricing

Spiker,

I have not checked the bushes at all as i wouldnt know what to check for.

The car has 69,000 mile so i am thinking its around about that time. where things are going wrong

How much were you charged for the MPI check?