S3/8l intermittent problem sounds like I'm running on 3 cylinders !!!

Eddie's/s3

Reaction score
Hi guys it's been a while since my last post !! But my cars just started running a bit strange.. It sounds like its running on 3 cylinders but it only does it now and again..sometimes I can blip the throttle and it stops and runs loverly again,,but the other times it stays !! To the extent that I have to pull over !! Soon as the cars not run for a bit the problem goes !! But as I said it don't do it all the time !! I've had it scaned and no faults came up !! I'm scratching my head guys please help me !!

Next time it does it try and pull over and unplug/pull out the coil packs one at a time, atleast then you know what cylinder it is.

It may be a coil pack, but as you say intermittent.
Im no expert but thats what I would do mate, maybe check the condition of the wiring harnesses to the coil packs also.

Steve

Sounds like a coil pack is on its way out mate, I had the same thing and I didn't think it was as I had the car in for the coil pack recall, but it ended up being another faulty coil pack.

Sound guys I'm gona change the coil packs and check the wiring harnesses !! The cars at stage 2 and I'm scared to use it cuz I don't won't to damage the engine 😠
Ill post up after I've sorted it hopefully it'll solve it !!

EDDIE

So far so good guys seems to be runnig a lot smoother in fact better than it was b4 all over !!
Happy days
Thanks

EDDIE

What did you do??

Change coils and wiring??