• 1 Post By Dani_B19
  • 1 Post By Dan-Jnr
  • 1 Post By Keiran
  • 1 Post By Nogmeister

Thread: Nogmeister's build thread!

1st Gear

Status

Nogmeister's build thread!

So, I'm a couple of months into the ownership of my 2001 Nogaro Blue S3, and I thought I'd better start the repair / build thread.

I picked her up after seeing an ad on Pistonheads, and did the round trip from the Isle of Wight to Blackpool in a day (!) She had full service history, 75k, private S3 plate, Milltek cat back, Stage 1 map, and was a snip at just under 4k.

THEN

I found out the clutch was slipping, the brakes were knackered (although still 100x better than my mk3 Golf), the front drop links needed replacing etc etc. I'm not mechanically minded at all, but I'm learning quickly.

So she's had a Valeo solid mass flywheel and clutch kit, new drop links, and new Pagid discs and pads all round. Then she went in to our local stealership for an Interim service and coil packs (done on warrenty), and I've just done new bog standard air filter, new NGK Iridium IX spark plugs, new coolant temp sensor and new armrest button kit. She has also had an alcantara shave (JML bobble off) and clean.

Next up: Coolant flush and replace, Haldex oil and filter change, Aerial rubber seal replace, and to have a go at fixing drivers lumbar support. These things will bring her back up to virtually A1 standard.

Mods planned:
    Forge 008 recirc valve
    Badger5 tip with Jetex filter and heatshield
    N249 deletion
    AH Fabs V2 FMIC
    Stage 2 map (Hopefully at Badger5)
    Relentless V3 manifold, sports cat and downpipe
    Silicone hoses
    Trups' LEDs inside and out
    Window tints (rear three)
    Audi-sport decals (DONE)
    Badger5 custom decal (If Bill allows it)
    Black rear Audi badge and Black S3 badge
    Chrome deletion around grille
    Koni FSD shocks and springs (20mm drop)
    TT RS Rotor style wheels
    Caliper paint (Blue or red) with S3 decals added
    Alpine speaker upgrade
    Alpine headunit
    Dieselgeek short shifter
    Forge gear knob
    S3 embroidered mats
    Liquid gauge
    Powerflex bush kit
    Aluminium pedals and custom footrest
    Osram Xenarc xenon bulbs

Wow what a list. Might need to remortgage the house!

Here's some pics from a couple of weeks ago, she was fresh back from my man who does the machine polish

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Very nice pal.

Wheres the clutch and flywheel from and how does it perform?
    Nogmeister likes this.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

3rd Gear

Status
    Looks like a great car. Top colour. Nice list of mods to do.
    Nogmeister likes this.
    2007 - Imola Yellow- Audi S3 - 305
    [8L BLOG] [8P BLOG]

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers guys.

Dani, it was a Valeo kit from Eurocarparts. It is usually £450.98, but I paid £383.33 with a 30% off code I think. I was recommended the solid mass flywheel by a mate who is a mechanic. I did read some good stories and some bad, bad ones mainly being about a juddering feeling on idle. To be honest I can hardly tell any difference at all to the original. I cost quite a bit for my mate to fit (7.5hrs labour) and I just couldn't justify getting a performance one right now. My mate reckons this one will cope with 300 bhp quite well anyway.

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook
    very nice clean looking car mate.. keep up the good work... you know there is the new Audi S3 8P gear knob which is a nice upgrade.. if you fancy it

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah I did like the look of the 8P knob, but the combination of my wedding ring and leather and aluminium will no doubt knacker it. Plus I've read some VERY glowing reports of the Forge big knob matched with the Dieselgeek short shift, mainly from TT forums.

Dunno, I may change my mind yet lol

They're both WAY down my list though

1st Gear

Status
    Haldex oil and filter DONE. Interesting little job that is!

Neutral

Status
    Hi mate. I was gonna buy this car a few weeks ago. I am good friends and was in the same unit as the previous owner in the army but he has left now. A lad called conan i believe. Beautiful car and great plates haha.

Hope all goes well,

Keiran
    Nogmeister likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Alright Keiran mate, yeah I did buy it from Conan! Bloody hell what a small world! Well you saved yourself a packet on getting her back up together, but you did miss out on a lovely car.

Cheers Pal, take it easy!

Neutral

Status
    It is a small world mate. I was just flicking through your thread and saw the plates and thought I know that car lol. I just didnt have the funds to buy at the time. Hope all goes well with the car mate. Looks gleaming with a good wash. Enjoy it pal

Keiran

1st Gear

Status
    Oh, if anyone has any of the above bits for sale, please feel free to HOLLER!

1st Gear

Status
    So latest little mods, all just nice little things:

Audi-sport.net etched glass decals

Bit closer...

And anyone who knows me knows I love to sniff out a bargain on the Interwebz. S3 mats from ze Motherland for £35!

And I've just installed the Liquid gauge in the drivers door side vent. Very easy to do!
    Andy Mac sub box has arrived as well, just need to source a 6.5" sub for it now.

1st Gear

Status
    And my newly fitted Liquid gauge is reporting 235bhp and 222lb/ft torque.

Cool beans

1st Gear

Status
    Mods planned:
    Forge 008 recirc valve
    Badger5 tip with Jetex filter and heatshield
    N249 deletion
    AH Fabs V2 FMIC
    Stage 2 map (Hopefully at Badger5)
    Relentless V3 manifold, sports cat and downpipe
    Silicone hoses
    Trups' LEDs inside and out
    Window tints (rear three)
    Audi-sport decals (DONE)
    Badger5 custom decal (If Bill allows it)
    Black rear Audi badge and Black S3 badge
    Chrome deletion around grille
    Koni FSD shocks and springs (20mm drop)
    TT RS Rotor style wheels
    Caliper paint (Blue or red) with S3 decals added
    Alpine speaker upgrade
    Alpine headunit
    Dieselgeek short shifter
    Forge gear knob
    S3 embroidered mats
    Liquid gauge
    Powerflex bush kit
    Aluminium pedals and custom footrest
    Osram Xenarc xenon bulbs

All in red now done. Have also bought some flyeyes adhesive film and tinted the fronts, the rears, and the repeaters. She's looking mean now! Photos soon...

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Hello mate,

Can you put up a link to where you got your S3 car mats from for £35 please
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

1st Gear

Status
    Alright bob, go on eBay.de, and search for 's3 8l fussmatten'. I won mine in an auction so probably got lucky with the price but they are the best I've seen for our cars by a long shot!

Money grabbing s3!

Status
    Thats ok if you can understand german! i found them but wouldnt know how to bid or buy them haha. i dont understand the price in euro's either..

Audi s3 goodwood green, BAM, n249 delete, 80mm TIP, s2000 air-filter, new turbo, ap coil overs, lots of poly bushes, 15mm spacers all round rolling on 18'' RSTT's

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogmeister View Post
    Alright bob, go on eBay.de, and search for 's3 8l fussmatten'. I won mine in an auction so probably got lucky with the price but they are the best I've seen for our cars by a long shot!
    Found some (google translate FTW) but as ze germans drive on the wrong side of the road are the mats not the wrong way round for our cars?
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Status
    Oh and some wheel spacers to your list as those will help your stance alot

1st Gear

Status
    Its simple mate, if you go to ebay.co.uk, go to advanced search, highlight 'items available to uk' then search for s3 8l fussmatten, you should get the german auction, but showing on uk ebay. You can then bid in pounds sterling. Any issues let me know. As for the mats themselves, they are PERFECT fit, I would almost say they look like thay should be OEM - that good!

Spacers, yeah maybe, but im waiting to decide on what I want to do on the wheel front. Im definitely going bigger though, so not sure buying spacers now is money well spent.
    s3clarke likes this.

Status
    Its simple mate, if you go to ebay.co.uk, go to advanced search, highlight 'items available to uk' then search for s3 8l fussmatten, you should get the german auction, but showing on uk ebay. You can then bid in pounds sterling. Any issues let me know. As for the mats themselves, they are PERFECT fit, I would almost say they look like thay should be OEM - that good!

Spacers, yeah maybe, but im waiting to decide on what I want to do on the wheel front. Im definitely going bigger though, so not sure buying spacers now is money well spent.
    Cheers bud , dont suppose you can remember the name of the seller you got yours from? found a few i am watching but from the pics they are all for LHD cars so will fire off some messages later to see if the do RHD versions.

1st Gear

Status
    Certainly can mate, the seller was will.i.am

Status
    Does that man do everything i mean not only a number 1 selling artist in his own right but now flogging car mats too where does it end

1st Gear

Status
    Multi talented mutha f.ucker!

Money grabbing s3!

Status

cheers mate, im pretty new to ebay lol

Audi s3 goodwood green, BAM, n249 delete, 80mm TIP, s2000 air-filter, new turbo, ap coil overs, lots of poly bushes, 15mm spacers all round rolling on 18'' RSTT's

Status
    done a search for that user name and they done seem to exist on ebay any more info?

1st Gear

Status
    Shall I buy them for you? hahaha

Status

Nogmeister's build thread!

Yup sounds like you might have to lol

1st Gear

Status
    In all seriousness mate, I only live on the Isle of Wight, I could get them and meet you at the ferry lol

Status
    Lol that would be proper awesome if you could swing the same deal you got as for £35 it would be rude not to.

Plus can have a looksie at cars etc

1st Gear

Status
    Ok mate leave it with me, I'll watch some and see what pops up

Status
    Sounds like a plan my friend, Cheers

1st Gear

Status
    There are some buyitnow ones that come out about £60, and theres another set on auction that I'm watching. Mine need a good hoovering, so I'll pull them out and make sure the shapes are the same as the ones im watching.

Status
    Cool yeah upto £40 should be ok as i seem to spending money like its going out of fashion as of late!

1st Gear

Status
    Ok mate, i'll see if I can get the auction ones for ya. They do really tidy up the inside of the car, great purchase imho.

On The modding front, just bought 2 pairs of Osram Nightbreaker Plus H7 bulbs for the main beam and the fogs yup

Status
    Cool i have not upgraded the main beam bulbs i just bought LED`s for the sidelights and fogs which are a massive improvement over the standard items.

Events Moderator

Status
    hmm let me know how good these mats are rob cos my driver's has a hole in and i could generally do with some new ones! nice looking car btw nogmeister and a good list there!
    S3 8L Ming Blue 273bhp & 294lbft h

Build/project thread
    check it out!

1st Gear

Status
    So I have taken the plunge and bought some Osram Nightbreaker Plus H7 bulbs for the high beam and the fogs, and I've just ordered the Osram Silverstar Xenarc D2S bulbs for the Main beam. I'll do a before and after shot at the weekend.

Hopefully she'll be lit up like christmas day!