diffrential compatability

Lavis89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
*sigh* looks like the rumbling problem i've had for the past 6 or 7 months has been narrowed down to the diffrential. all cv joints are in good condition and boots flawless, engine mounts have been replaced, wheels are ballanced and aligned, breaks clear the wheels with plenty of room, all the rubber "donuts" are in 1 piece, diffrential is the only thing i can now think of that is causing the rumbling noise coming from the rear whilst im turning under throttle.
so i guess it's time to start shopping for a new diff (providing my warrenty claim goes through or at least gets the 70/30 deal for the rust on the roof) i've gone through all the paperwork and can't see anything mentioning changing the haldex oil etc or topping it up, im guessing after 85000, if this hasn't been done then it's beyond saving. soooo to make things a tad easier, what cars use the same diffrential as the a3 1.8t quattro? im guessing the mk4 4motion, but other than that im not really sure.
eventually the damn car will actually be in good enough condition to start doing some fun mods rather than fixing broken stuff -.-

...and any other A3 quattro of course... and Skoda Octavia 4x4 I think...

If using the whole diff/haldex from the donor watch out for the controllers as they differ on early ones to later ones.. you should be ok if you swap it complete as the differences are in the fitment to the haldex unit rather than the electronics as such...

<tuffty/>

*sigh* looks like the rumbling problem i've had for the past 6 or 7 months has been narrowed down to the diffrential. all cv joints are in good condition and boots flawless, engine mounts have been replaced, wheels are ballanced and aligned, breaks clear the wheels with plenty of room, all the rubber "donuts" are in 1 piece, diffrential is the only thing i can now think of that is causing the rumbling noise coming from the rear whilst im turning under throttle.
so i guess it's time to start shopping for a new diff (providing my warrenty claim goes through or at least gets the 70/30 deal for the rust on the roof) i've gone through all the paperwork and can't see anything mentioning changing the haldex oil etc or topping it up, im guessing after 85000, if this hasn't been done then it's beyond saving. soooo to make things a tad easier, what cars use the same diffrential as the a3 1.8t quattro? im guessing the mk4 4motion, but other than that im not really sure.
eventually the damn car will actually be in good enough condition to start doing some fun mods rather than fixing broken stuff -.-

I've got a spare diff ;)