AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status

spacers fitted (pics)

Right picked up a set of spacers for my car from the classifieds on here from a really nice guy (cheers dubtdimark)

He sent them on monday and i got them tuesday fitted them wednesday and managed to get a few pics today with my spare wheels fitted (got a cheap set of OEM 17" TT wheels off ebay cheap while i have a go at refurbing my RSTT`s)

Much happier with the stance now as the wheels sit much nicer in the arches.....

Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Revo Stg 2 & Select+, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Looking giid, what size spacers? Planning on doing this myself
    REVO Stage 2, Eibach anti roll bar kit, forge 007p diverter valve (yellow spring), Badger5 turbo intake pipe with Jetex filter and Neuspeed heat shield, Forge upper bost hoses, N75, DV and Cam breather hoses, XS Power 3" downpipe 200cell cat and 3" cat back system, Apex 30mm springs, N249 bypass, Oil catch can and PVC delete, Front Mount Intercooler............

Status
    been wanting to do it for ages so when i saw the spacers in the classifieds for a good price for hubcentric good quality items i couldnt resist.

I think they were 20mm at the rear and 15mm at the front they also came with longer wheel bolts and locking nuts
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Revo Stg 2 & Select+, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Status
    Car feels better round the corners with my spacers fitted is this the norm?

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Looking good bob, the S3 really does benefit from having the wheels spaced out to fill the arches!

Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post
    Car feels better round the corners with my spacers fitted is this the norm?
    Yes mate, this is normal, as you have increased the tracks of the front and rear axles, making the car more planted when cornering.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Status
    Cheers Jojo,

My car has gone from a wallowing whale to a nimble car in the last week or so as what with the new full polybush kit fitted then getting it properly alligned and now fitting the spacers its like night and day in handling terms and i have so much more confidence in its ability to grip in the wet.

Neutral

Status
    Interesting stuff, I would have assumed adding spacers would make it handle worse??

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ads1377 View Post
    Interesting stuff, I would have assumed adding spacers would make it handle worse??
    Depends on application. The S3's chassis, based on the Golf4 platform was not great in the first place, so subtle tweaks here and there makes it perform better.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ads1377 View Post
    Depends on application. The S3's chassis, based on the Golf4 platform was not great in the first place, so subtle tweaks here and there makes it perform better.

Events Moderator

Status
    nice work Rob, looking forward to having a closer look on sun, i need to keep an eye out for a set now though.. i was thinking maybe 25mm rears though i don't know!
    S3 8L Ming Blue 273bhp & 294lbft h

Build/project thread
    check it out!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JtotheD View Post
    nice work Rob, looking forward to having a closer look on sun, i need to keep an eye out for a set now though.. i was thinking maybe 25mm rears though i don't know!
    I think the reccomended (obvioulsy depending on the ET of your wheels) is the 15mm at the front 20mm at the rear (per wheel) as both my sets of OEM wheels are et 35.

Will also chuck the dogbone mount in my car tomorrow so i dont forget to bring it along sunday for you.

5th Gear

Status
    Looks good, how much you pay boss?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s33nyboy12 View Post
    Looks good, how much you pay boss?
    Twas a bargain at £110 inc P+P for all 4 hubcentric spacers longer bolts and locking nuts