spacers fitted (pics)

vrbob

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!
Reaction score
Right picked up a set of spacers for my car from the classifieds on here from a really nice guy (cheers dubtdimark)

He sent them on monday and i got them tuesday fitted them wednesday and managed to get a few pics today with my spare wheels fitted (got a cheap set of OEM 17" TT wheels off ebay cheap while i have a go at refurbing my RSTT`s)

Much happier with the stance now as the wheels sit much nicer in the arches.....

spacers.jpg

spacers2.jpg

spacers1.jpg

spacers3.jpg

been wanting to do it for ages so when i saw the spacers in the classifieds for a good price for hubcentric good quality items i couldnt resist.

I think they were 20mm at the rear and 15mm at the front they also came with longer wheel bolts and locking nuts :)

Car feels better round the corners with my spacers fitted is this the norm?

Looking good bob, the S3 really does benefit from having the wheels spaced out to fill the arches!

Car feels better round the corners with my spacers fitted is this the norm?

Yes mate, this is normal, as you have increased the tracks of the front and rear axles, making the car more planted when cornering.

Cheers Jojo,

My car has gone from a wallowing whale to a nimble car in the last week or so as what with the new full polybush kit fitted then getting it properly alligned and now fitting the spacers its like night and day in handling terms and i have so much more confidence in its ability to grip in the wet.

Interesting stuff, I would have assumed adding spacers would make it handle worse??

nice work Rob, looking forward to having a closer look on sun, i need to keep an eye out for a set now though.. i was thinking maybe 25mm rears though i don't know!

I think the reccomended (obvioulsy depending on the ET of your wheels) is the 15mm at the front 20mm at the rear (per wheel) as both my sets of OEM wheels are et 35.

Will also chuck the dogbone mount in my car tomorrow so i dont forget to bring it along sunday for you.