grille surround

s3clarke

Money grabbing s3!
Reaction score
Toying with the idea of painting my grille surround in red like gti vw's, its black at the moment, but needs repainting as its got a few stone chips, what do people think? My car is Goodwood green..:think:

it would look interesting in red on green.....have you tested it on a paintshop package?

i like how the s3 badges and the rear lights being so bright red work with the green, i think im just going to do it, if it looks naff, i always have some black paint left :)

fake carbon not for me mate, but thanks anyway.:icon_thumright:

The red/green contrast would look pretty good methinks.

Go on, do it... dare to be different :thumbsup:. ( also as you say, if it isn't what you thought, it can always be repainted, but pic's first please)

Think the red would look good on that, you could do what Dave S3 has done, the top of the surround is in black and the sides and bottom fade to red.

tea thats an idea, i think that would look better. might just paint it all red, laquer it, then paint or electric tape the top in matt black.

i was going to buy a green s3 but my silver one was closer, i have seen a few about and think that green rarely works on cars but suits the s3's soo much, and +1 for doing the red surround

I know red looks amazing against matt green so id give it a go mate. Worst case its easily sorted.

yea i love the colour that comes out after a good clean and polish, such a deep shine, girls dont seem to like the colour much though :blahblah1:
im going to pop to halfrauds after work and get me a tinny :)

I used plasti dip. Its a spray vinyl. Its flexible so wont chip or flake. Came up good to be fair. And then if you dont like it take it off and its cost a tenner. Ive never wrapped anything so not sure whats easier. Daz