JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A very sad goodbye for now...

4th Gear

Status
    Well I'm still weighing up my options I'm just glad to be on the mend, but two years of hard work and saving gone, not sure if still have the heart to go on but will fight tooth and nail with insurance company to get a good decent payout then take it from there,

On a more personal note I simply can't thank everyone for their love and support means a massive amount to me and hopefully try to get things sorted and back in a car ASAP Audi or not
    p

THE BLUE BEAST, TAKEN FROM ME, GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
    RTECH STAGE 2 REMAP NOW RUNNING 223 BHP AND 253 FTLB OF TORQUE,
    SUBARU IMPREZA WRX ESTATE SOON TO BE RUNNING 340 BHP
    ANTI LAG/LAUNCH CONTROL/MAF LESS/ LOVE IT !!

2. # ADS
    ADS

R-Tech Terrorist

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_jim View Post
    I had somebody crash into me in a Bmw 328i Sport.
    They said it was a cat C write off. I went to the garage and drove it home!
    Cat C is cosmetic though, that's clearly a Cat D. Still could be repairable though

1.8 litre porsche eater!

R-Tech Terrorist Squad - 265bhp & 275lbft

5th Gear

Status
    buy back is usually as low as 10% of the payout (i got a 106 back for £70) no re mot needed as it was still valid

with the 106 i had it trucked home, assessor looked at it at my house, the car never left my driveway, i didn't incure any storage charges for the ins co, had it vic tested and it was back on the road

also ask for the salvage back NOW as the ins co may scrap the car to save storage costs!
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

Neutral

Status
    don't mean to be a ****, but how did someone smash into the front of your car on a dual carrige way?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjiman46 View Post
    Cat C is cosmetic though, that's clearly a Cat D. Still could be repairable though
    C is Worse than D. It doesn't matter what the damage is, its the value of the car vs the value of the repair.

The Cat C 328i Sport i had, he said it would be a Cat D. I wasn't happy with the offer so i argued it, and they gave me more, but put it as a Cat C.
    I didn't care anyway as i broke it for spares once id got it home!

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Bobby, that is shocking. It's a bonnet, a light cluster a wing and a bumper. Get it fixed.

I'll be really upset if you leave the fold, don't go
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

AJC
    3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by brasiliangringo View Post
    You can ask to buy it back off the insurer as salvage AFTER it has been written off as a CAT D/C..

In order to get a payout (in this case the car needs to be written off) and at the same time you pass title to the insurer by accepting settlement. You can then buy it back of the insurer (get it agreed in writing before you accept settlement + a buy back salvage price). Simplistical speaking you NET the difference between payout and salvage value. That's how it works.
    My experience as a result of a written off car was quite different. Insurance company accepted I was not at fault, that the car was beyond economical repair and subsequently wrote it off. They agreed a pre accident value of £20,000 (fair price) which as I understand it is so that I can go and buy a similar replacement car and duly sent me a cheque for this amount. Repair centre had already sent the car to a salvage yard (without my permission) who wanted to buy the car as salvageable parts. I spoke directly to them and agreed a price of £5000 for the car as it was and received a cheque from them for this amount in addition to the £20,000 from the Insurance company.

In my experience the only issue to resolve was establishing a fair pre accident value. The Insurers (Admiral) were not interested in owning my car or in what I intended to do with it. Either way £25,000 in my pocket after what had been a right PITA certainly helped to put a smile back on my face.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12