Cone filter on AGU

Grale1

Reaction score
I see some people have cone filters on there cars, are you able to put a cone filter onto AGU engine? Only ask as I see there is some sort of sensor or something attached to the bottom part of the standard air box

the pipe attatched to the bottomof the air box is the SAI (secondary air injection, used when starting from cold)
you can simply put a small filter on the end of this, or get rid of it all. see the stickies for that.
but yeh, putting a cone filter on is fine

I see some people have cone filters on there cars, are you able to put a cone filter onto AGU engine? Only ask as I see there is some sort of sensor or something attached to the bottom part of the standard air box

i believe that is your ignition amp, if you put a cone filter on your car you need to cable tie or make some thing for it to be held in place to some part of you engine bay.

i have mine cable tied where the old air box would of been.

As coatesy says its your ignition amp. Undo the 2 bolts holding onto the airbox and cable tie it down. On agu engine there isn't a secondary air intake (sai) - less pipes for us I guess

you on about the falt oval sensor thing that has 2 small bolts?
i cable tied that to the side of my cone filter.

when i had it.. theres mixed reviews with cone filters on a standard map, it sounds great! but lagged my a3 to a *****, i noticed quite a bit of difference. but a map will sort that out so im waiting till i map it before i put it back on