Forgive me ASN as I have sinned

kwistof

South East Events Moderator
Reaction score
So as the title suggests I have committed a sin at the weekend in my S3 and I am here to confess.....

Some may see it as the normal thing to do (I saw two other owners that do!) probably being younger! Lol
But at 25 I felt going to the lakeside industrial park in Essex which was the first Saturday of the month was something I left behind me many years ago! That and the Basildon strip but that's another story :p

For those of you who are not situated in the south/east of the country - it is basically a boyracer meet where several hundreds of cars take over and meet up to show off there pimpin rides. 'Back in the day' Maxpower/Fastcar/Revs used to turn up and do photoshoots every month so it was a hotspot to all things modified and where you can find some very unique mods as well as some huge heaps!

Too be fair to the event it wasn't as crazy and over the top as it used to be and I saw a lot of MK1 motors of all marques in prestine condition and heard/saw some very nice I.C.E installs. Also spotted a Yellow S3 8L, a Noggy blue S3 8L and a white S3 8P. Thank god for the rain though, you have to love it sometimes as without it those Astra VXR's and Focus ST's may have had a chance and not got embarrassed by my 12 year old hatch :)

Anyway - I've confessed to my sin of going to a Barry boy meet..... (I may even do it again!)
So has anybody else got anything theyd like to confess? (being shown up by a car/driving near misses related that is lol)
I have a few more but I can't be the only one with some sins in my Audi!!

Yes I can admit a large collection of incidents where I drove like an idiot in my old civic ek9 !

Off the line and round bends nothing could touch me in that, power to weight was ridiculous 1.6 197 bhp and about 900kg!
In Nottingham we race a strip island to island and no lie I once beatba v10 m5 by nearly a second lol :)

Reactions: guzzy_431
I've accidentally gotten inbetween a group of saxo's before, they tried... I conquered! But going to meets is good, you see who actually loves their car and who's idiotic and shows off. In the cov meet you get the vag lot (us) and stupid boy racers at the top who just show off. If I'm down lakeside ends anytime soon I shall go to this meet!

Hahaha ! "Your Sole Has Been Cleansed Dear Boy" !!!! Im not too far but now have kids and a misses and my days are sadly gone. When i was young the same thing happened in maidstone on a friday night. All the flash *******s and the lads that showed off and smashes there motor by the end of the night. lol

I do have a soft spot for the old EK9's :) nottz is a pretty good place for cars to be fair- been up there a few times in my S3 and there's always someone up for traffic light grand prixs! Lol

jojo- I was only supposed to go up there to park and watch but felt the need to see how my newly remapped S3 would fair against some other hot hatches! I think I feel bad as I felt one of the oldest ones there and tbh in the past 3 years I have only been to super car meets and events where I'm usually thr youngest and least powered vehicle! Shame you ain't up for meeting! Anyone else up for it!? Lol

Lol I go down to this sometimes, I'll keep an eye out for you next time I go haha :)

I went to lakeside once last year as had nothing to do and was pestered by a mate and to be honest there was some nice cars there as well as the obvious few twats but I had a good night and had a play with a few cars on the way home ;)

I hold my hands up though that I used to go to the strip in Basildon regularly when I was younger but had never been to lakeside, although I think I may pop down there again at some point for a laugh

So has anybody else got anything theyd like to confess?
i wear ladies underwear to work.

but seriously, i have a local meet in my town thats considered a barry boy meet, i've been twice, and whilst there is the usual twats theres also real enthusiasts with all kinds of cars.
its not all about who's got the best most expensive car though, its about the atmosphere and the decent people you can meet who share the same passion/obsession. for that reason i really dont mind going to my barry boy meet occasionally.

Reactions: s33nyboy12
Haha cheers nick :) I remember the Maidstone circuit days as a passenger in a blue fiesta zetec- ps2 TVs and playing need for speed - the good old days! Lol

Gops- there are so many Saxo/106 drivers trying to race me- I put my window down the other day and told them id race them for £20 as I'm not wasting my fuel on a race I know I'll win!

Darren/Stacey- ill be there on the 4th August so may see you there? I had a VERY close call up Basildon strip but ill keep hold of that till tomorrow! One sin a day from me. Lol

Karl- I don't believe you....pics needed (joke!) lol

Seriously though you do get some real enthusiasts there and I was mingling with a few of the MK1 golf lads- just needed some more 4ringed motors. I suppose I'm pretty lucky as I have met a decent bunch of people with some overly nice cars we go hooning around in....I now prefer playing with GT2 or 3s/GTRs/Fezza's etc

Nothing wrong with going to the local chav fest for a laugh. Always a good laugh laying waste to the guaranteed Scoobies that are always there.

Plus you can always have a Maccers!

Yeah it was all fun and games Welly....especially because my mate and I had 5 mile 2 way walkie talkies for the 60 mile journey....plus so we didn't lose each other once we got up there and cruising :) One of the funniest road trips I've been on tbh....walkie talkies FTW! (you would be suprised what you can pick up on them :p )

Oh and for the McD's - I think I burnt more petrol than I spent in there whilst queuing....took just under an hour to get survived. Fast Food my a$$

Southend / Basildon!? Wow it's been a while since I went down there! I stopped going a few years ago as the police got very hot at Basildon especially since cars kept drifting round that little round about, and cars tearing up and down that industrial estate... One good thing was the macdonalds, it was like 24hr...

So as the title suggests I have committed a sin at the weekend in my S3 and I am here to confess.....

Some may see it as the normal thing to do (I saw two other owners that do!) probably being younger! Lol
But at 25 I felt going to the lakeside industrial park in Essex which was the first Saturday of the month was something I left behind me many years ago! That and the Basildon strip but that's another story :p

For those of you who are not situated in the south/east of the country - it is basically a boyracer meet where several hundreds of cars take over and meet up to show off there pimpin rides. 'Back in the day' Maxpower/Fastcar/Revs used to turn up and do photoshoots every month so it was a hotspot to all things modified and where you can find some very unique mods as well as some huge heaps!

Too be fair to the event it wasn't as crazy and over the top as it used to be and I saw a lot of MK1 motors of all marques in prestine condition and heard/saw some very nice I.C.E installs. Also spotted a Yellow S3 8L, a Noggy blue S3 8L and a white S3 8P. Thank god for the rain though, you have to love it sometimes as without it those Astra VXR's and Focus ST's may have had a chance and not got embarrassed by my 12 year old hatch :)

Anyway - I've confessed to my sin of going to a Barry boy meet..... (I may even do it again!)
So has anybody else got anything theyd like to confess? (being shown up by a car/driving near misses related that is lol)
I have a few more but I can't be the only one with some sins in my Audi!!
God bless paycock road and the a127 (before them Fukin cameras!!) yes I too hav spent far too much time in places like that but manly showin the car drivers how bikers roll!!! Even took the s3 a few times but didn't want to get smashed so just parked her fat *** up and watched!! Who knows mayb I will see u down there!! Keep ur eyes peeled for someone in a silver 52 plate s3!!! :)

Haha paycocke road- that was in my TomTom as a favourite location several years ago- that mini roundabout brings back memories and the opposite end is where my second confession comes....

It was the wee hours of the morning and I was in my 1st black S3 and had owned it for less than 6 months...
At this time there was only about 75-100 cars positioned down the 1/2 mile stretch and I was parked up.
My mate spotted a silver A3 ragging it up and down and naturally I jumped in my motor to see what I/he could do.....the cars already on the strip started to pull over and park up and next thing I know I was behind this 'A3' 3.2 Quattro!! We went up and down several times and he just wiped the floor with me in my completely standard S3!

So after i was playing catch up in front of everyone the nice chap pulled over at the T junction and signalled me to go in front as I presume he wanted to see if he could actually overtake me down the strip....so the first sprint down to the mini roundabout with me leading- I kept in front and he did try for the overtake but someone reversed out from the right and he had to pull back in behind me.....tore it round the mini roundabout and back up towards the T junction.
He was a lot more hesitant to overtake so was just glued to my bumper instead - was hitting over 1 lepton and carried on looking at him in my rear view mirror and I finally started to get distance :) So huge smile on my face thinking 'thats turbo power' but wait.....

Theres a fecking T junction coming up....so smash my foot on the brake pedal and launched it down through the gears....
Which resulted in a very sharp left at 50mph round a corner in 2nd at a blind T junction still with my foot on the brake along paycocke road and round the corner....came to a stop out of view of everyone and I'm not going to lie - I was shaking like a leaf.....
Drove back down the strip and had everyone flashing there headlights and cheering which was very embarrassing to say the least!

Yes I was young/foolish/didn't know my cars capabilities and has definitely taught me some lessons....plus it used 1 of my 9 lives :)

i go to the cruises and the such once or twice a month, my missus likes it and it gets us out over the weekends ( we are not drinkers, special occasions only)

lakeside is very good and i have been manytimes but seems too easy for incidents, laidon is better as its off main roads away from the public

Souhend and basildon was like a second home to me, used to go to arena essex to in my rst lol. Went to Lakeside a few months ago, nice motors and er ladies about ha

knozie- where abouts in Laindon is it mate? It's only about 20 or so minutes from lakeside isn't it? To be honest I rarely see any incidents, there were so many police around - I saw them give out more tickets than i aw McD's wrappers on the floor!

Lol @ the 'ladies' FoodJunky - I had a few on my tail that wouldn't leave me alone :whistle2:

i dont think your talking about the same part of lakeside as me mate, 3 roundabouts and they call it lakeside GP you can guess what happens haha

and il pm you the addy as its not the most legal thing around and dont want to promote street racing ect ect ect ( dont want to p*ss anyone off )

knoxie

Hmmmm - lakeside GP.....lol

The part I was on about has 4 round abouts IIRC - The large Lakeside service station, followed by a small McD's, then a small TGI's and finally the roundabout with traffic lights you would need to go round to go to Ikea (next to AMD) and also the multistory car parks which were pretty fun :) ....Pretty sure it's 50mph as well between the 4 so roundabouts were quiet fun in the wet - especially when everyone else is tip toeing about!

PM if there is a side of lakeside I am missing pls fella...I'm more of a southend/basildon/bluewater kind of person and haven't done lakeside meets for many many years.

I used to go lakes and then off to the drap strip (2 mile dual carraiage way nearby. those were some good races) we used to get everything from sh1tty little corsa to porsche turbos, big tubo s3,s mk2 golf's 500bhp scoobies etc. it was good back then but now i think the po po locked it all off and started pulling people and checking for mods not delcared to insurance.

Yeah the police up lakes were pulling alot of cars over and issueing many tickets....I saw at least 4 exhaust sound tests being done.
One of them was great and really wished I filmed it now....

An RX7 (yum) got pulled into the Tesco car park and the police tested his vehicle, then they also pulled in an Astra GSI which was overly loud and parked it a few spaces next to the RX7.
When the RX7 finished, the owner locked his car and was in the police car sorting out paper work. The Astra which was being dealt with another police unit then started his test and after letting of the loud peddle it created a huge backfire which set the RX7's car alarm off in the process :) Massive cheers from all who was watching!

Hmmmm revenge cruise aighhh - I really do need to get myself signed up to this FB stuff as it looks as though they all get organised on it :( releases the location 24hrs before the day from what I could google up! lol Although I do have more of a civilised meet at vauxhall the day afterwards early in the morning....May actually reach 4 figures just for my petrol this month!!

revenge cruise on the 21st anyone ;)

your in n.wales and you know about the revenge cruise? it will be great, terry always pulls in a good show

i thought i was the only naughty one on here, glad to see some others on here :)

Are you going from North Wales Ste!!? lol

Please tell me Terry's surname is Tibbs :D

yes we are running an all audi taxi service for our gang up here :)

meeting at lymm services at 2:30pm or some other daft early time lol

as above will be heading down with ste and a few others from the northwest!

went to southend one in may aswell, luckerly that was at the companys expense as i had a job on down there that day.

but this time its at my cost, still only works out £15-£20 each in fuel for the day/night (few ppl in each car)

it would be great to meet some asn members at a cruise :)

92d1216f.jpg

if you see me come say hi, if im not by my car i have a massive rose tattoo on my neck cant really miss me

only a week to go :-o

Reactions: scott b
it would be great to meet some asn members at a cruise :)

92d1216f.jpg

if you see me come say hi, if im not by my car i have a massive rose tattoo on my neck cant really miss me

only a week to go :-o

Was really interested in this until I saw that it's possibly going to be in hearts :-\

About a 2 hour drive for me....and then the next morning I have a meet at the Vauxhall HQ in Luton! lol

2hrs lol!!! i do more than that to pop to my local meet on a thursday night :)

i'm looking at clocking 10hrs on the road on sat :yahoo:
almost 500miles at 30mpg :)

it could be anywhere around essex and herts, even london, just come!!! :)

I am soooo hoping for Essex way or London....I saw in 2009 there was around 5000 cars in East London for the last major event they held like this!

If you do go then try and get hold of a walkie talkie with 8 channels...my mate and I will both have one in our motors and we picked up some very random things on some of the channels in Lakeside a couple of weeks ago! lol

i was at gallions reach, an it took me two and a half hours to get out the carpark!!! left early due to work next day, i go to terrys events everytime there on and its always a good happy vibe with plenty of motors, even our monthly meets attract a good few hundred!!

2hrs lol!!! i do more than that to pop to my local meet on a thursday night :)

i'm looking at clocking 10hrs on the road on sat :yahoo:
almost 500miles at 30mpg :)

Im nearly at the end of my 8th tank this month and you guys know what a tank of V Power costs- I don't even want to calculate how much I've spent in fuel in under 3 weeks....I blame Bills awesome remap to stage 1 he put on my car! Haha.....it's like I've just started driving again :)

Just round my mates and he is well up for going and it is so much fun on the walkie talkies- you guys should get one!