Interior in the S3

6monthcarman

Reaction score
I always thought that the S3 came with leather recaros as standard? Looking at the autotrader website i saw an S3 with cloth recaros, is this right?
Went to check it out and it has hideous pattern on the cloth seats.

[ QUOTE ]
Nearly.....

S3's had leather/Alacantara as standard with full leather as a non-cost option....

[/ QUOTE ]

Correctamundo!

If they say cloth they just don't know the word "Alcantara" or do not know the correct spec of the car, AFAIK the S3 never came with cloth seats.

Not sure if it is the same on e (edge of b'ham) no names. but I saw one with cloth interior, and I know that was not how they were sold origionally. I had a sit in it (very local to my work so I just had a peek) and there were a few things that made me think "this isn't an s3" despite on the surface al being good. I walked away and found another much better definately right one. My advice - do the same. Ended up buying one from suffolk but hey 150 miles in my new motor was an absolute delight!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nearly.....

S3's had leather/Alacantara as standard with full leather as a non-cost option....

[/ QUOTE ]

Correctamundo!

If they say cloth they just don't know the word "Alcantara" or do not know the correct spec of the car, AFAIK the S3 never came with cloth seats.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was definately Recaro cloth, not Alcantara, seen it with my own eyes!

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/car...rch_full=SEARCH

You cant see the interior very well in the picture but i thought it was weird thats why i have posted this, i'd guess then as you suggested it could be an import.

Looks pants anyway...

Full leather or alacantara were specced by Audi UK as 'uk spec' but on the continent you can get different specs - I have seen a S3 in Spain with cloth recaros...

Dunc

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong!
Full leather was standard on the S3, with leather/alcantara an option (no cost I believe, but may be wrong).

There was NO cloth option in the UK. This car may be some wierd import or be a bit 'dodgy'. ie has the seats from another car (not S3)

[/ QUOTE ]

******!
You could specify black leather, silver leather, leather + Alcantara...or 'Jacquard Satin Black' cloth trim.

I specifically asked what this 'Jacquard Satin Black' trim was...and it's cloth...as shown on the 'Colours and Upholstery' page of the 2001 UK brochure.

Does the Queen buy S3s?

Apparently she thinks leather is infra-dig (hangover from the early days of the motorcar when leather was the plebian option and plush cloth was considered far superior) and all the Royal limos have something called West-of-England cloth covering the back seats.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wrong!
Full leather was standard on the S3, with leather/alcantara an option (no cost I believe, but may be wrong).

There was NO cloth option in the UK. This car may be some wierd import or be a bit 'dodgy'. ie has the seats from another car (not S3)

[/ QUOTE ]

******!
You could specify black leather, silver leather, leather + Alcantara...or 'Jacquard Satin Black' cloth trim.

I specifically asked what this 'Jacquard Satin Black' trim was...and it's cloth...as shown on the 'Colours and Upholstery' page of the 2001 UK brochure.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh well, there's another shining example of the fact that my Audi dealer knows less than nothing then!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

yep i used to have 'Jacquard Satin Black' S3 seats in my A3, fairly sure the doner s3 was from spain, think leather was option rather than standard, guess it because of the hotter climate, leather can get a bit hot in the sun!!!

seats2bp.jpg

That quite nice, fairly similar to the interior I use to have in my Audi 80 convertible (expect they were non-recaro seats).