Seatbelt Sensor/Warning

Daniel M

Reaction score
Hi, sorry to make a thread on this but I have searched and cant find what I need. Basically should my A3 have sensors/warning light/chime when seatbelts arent worn in the front? Its a 2003 tdi sport 130 as if it does they dont work.

Thanks in advance

It is NOT possible to activate it as 8L models hasn't got belt buckle sensors. However you can still activate warning lamp on the dash but it will iluminate once you turn ignition ON and go off afterwards.

For Best result you can put 8P belt buckles with sensor like I've got it.:)

Reactions: Daniel M
It is NOT possible to activate it as 8L models hasn't got belt buckle sensors. However you can still activate warning lamp on the dash but it will iluminate once you turn ignition ON and go off afterwards.

For Best result you can put 8P belt buckles with sensor like I've got it.:)

Thanks mate will leave it for now then.

Hi,

I have a 2004 8p A3 which I believe does not have seatbelt warning. I have activated it in VCDS but it still does not work.

The seats have only one plug coming out of it and plugging into the car. I assume this is the Airbag plug.

I am not bothered about the passenger seat but I would like to get the drivers seat to have the warning.

What sensor would I need to install into the seat and where would it plug into as there is no cable coming up from the car.

My instrument cluster has the seatbelt light and I have tested the audible warning through VCDS.

Regards,
Areeb

On a drivers side only seatbelt buckle activate warning lamp on dash. So your seatbelt buckle must have sensor with a wire. Usually it is a black socket. If you don't have it then obviously there is no point to activate it on dash. Possibly your car hasn't got wire plugged in under seat.

Passenger side has got sensor fitted inside the seat.