alarm going off no matter what!!!

Diesel Quattro

Reaction score
Hey guys,
have a 01 a3 tdu quattro and when i locked the door it used to "beep" so i knew it had locked and never had ay trouble in the 3 years i have had it.

now for the last couple of days it will not "beep" and will go off all the time when i lock the car!!!

i was thinking of disconnecting the battery to reset everything but not sure if that would do more bad than good??

possibly a common problem??

there is a button (as its a 3 door) behind the drivers seat that has a car with symbols (a bit like wi fi signal on the samsungs) but no idea what it is for.

any help would be appreciated as its keeping my neighbours awake

thanks

aaron

If the alarm isn't beeping and it used to then it normally is due to either a dodgy door/boot/bonnet switch or possibly due to the battery of the siren going low...

A scan with VCDS will show you any issues the alarm module has picked up as these get logged including what has set off the alarm... have you had 4 beeps from the boot recently when first starting the car?

<tuffty/>

A scan with VCDS will show you any issues the alarm module has picked up as these get logged including what has set off the alarm... have you had 4 beeps from the boot recently when first starting the car?

<tuffty/>[/QUOTE]

thanks for the response. VCDS is that plugging into the ECU?? 4 beeps no, it used to beep once when i locked it is all. i was thinking something possibly like a dodgy boot switch or something. so the alarm has a seperate battery?? if so where as i may just replace that

aaron

<tuffty/> said:

<tuffty/>

thanks for the response. VCDS is that plugging into the ECU?? 4 beeps no, it used to beep once when i locked it is all. i was thinking something possibly like a dodgy boot switch or something. so the alarm has a seperate battery?? if so where as i may just replace that

aaron

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...ight-mechanics-replacing-alarm-batteries.html

<tuffty/>