Please help! Removing headlight and stuck!

Vex182

1x S3 and 3x Fiestas.
Reaction score
Just in the middle of removing my S3s headlight. Bumper is hanging off snd undone the two too torx. Found another one towards the grill behind the bumper that I have removed but the headlight still won't remove. Trying to fit one of my intercooler pipes now!

Facelift headlights are held on by 3 bolts... 2 up top and a third that is accessed from a small opening by the wing... if you have the bumper off then you will see it plain as day sorta underneath the indicator...

Once those are off then you pull the light round from the indicator and unclip it from the pivot in the lower inside corner of each light

<tuffty/>

So that's how you do it! I was pulling on mine so hard I nearly had an accident....... ( headlight, no jokes needed )

It got to dark and wet to see but I guess it's in this area?

photo.jpg

(bad photo, taken from iPhone and uploaded from the phone)

In this pic you can see the top 2 fixing holes and just off too the left where the hose for the headlamp washers is running you can see the lower fixing... I don't remove it completely like in this pic... you only need to loosen it and it will slide off the front panel... makes fitting it back easier as you don't have to fight trying to get the bolt in the hole or risk dropping it altogether..
20090628_IMG_5898.jpg

<tuffty/>

It got to dark and wet to see but I guess it's in this area?

photo.jpg

(bad photo, taken from iPhone and uploaded from the phone)

Yes... :)

Access from the top... in my pic its just too the left of the larger bolt holding the slam panel to the wing... you look down there and you will see the torx...

<tuffty/>

Got the headlight all out today when I could see eaiser. Sorted the pipe and then slighty struggled to get the headlight back on due to the awarkard bolt but all good now! Thanks again.