limbo's s3 build thread! :D

Reaction score
hi all!,

iv just got my self a Audi s3 8l, 2000 currently on 82k FSH, meltalic black with black leather int.

iv been on this forum for a while reading up which has helpled me alot! some awsome threads on here! but im bit on a newb to the whole car mechanics thing hah!

the car has a few mods already, not all to my style, especialy as noramly i like cars standard an then enjoying playing around working on them!

heres whats on it currently,

- Forge FMIC
- Forge cold side hoses
- Forge dump valve - think its the 007p!?
- colour coded bumpers all round
- Miltek full system cat back - im guessing its the 3'' one!?
- Induction kit - not to keen on this
- Coilovers on the front - so now need rears!
- Big brake kit on front - off audi tt 3.2lt
- import rear lights
- eyebrows on front lights
- on the ad which i bought it off it said it had uprated haldex, but i forgot to ask the guy about this, so not sure whats been done here!?
- 18'' nuvalari wheels - which i are up for sale as i already have new wheels for it! taking offers on them!

and heres the list of what im hoping to do :-

- new cambelt and water pump, in service book it was last done at 45k so think its dew one!
- xs down pipe and decat - hopefully can bolt up to the miltek system!!? if anyone knows!?
- badger 5 TIP and jetex filter
- lcr front lip
- maybe new hoses for other side of FMIC
- fit new 17'' eurosport blitzs currently need wheels and spacers!
- coilovers for the rear end
- n29 bypass of whateva it called! thats if its not already been done.

so iv got quite abit planned and hopefully keep this thread up to date thanks!! :)

heres some pics....

audi.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0215.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

Vey nice mate, some nice little mods. The miltek will be 2.75".

Nice car mate. That looks like a manual boost controller in the last pic. Not sure why the previous owner would have fitted that if the car is only running a basic remap :think:

The miltek will only be 2.75" as that's what they all are. Also it won't mate directly to an XS down pipe as I fitted a miltek to XS pipe 2 weeks ago. You will need a reduced sleeve that goes from 2.5" to 2.75".

bit of a update.... now got tryes on my new wheels, i got 205/45/17 hopin for some stretch but didnt get any should of gone smaller! :( but heres a pic... now need to buy roughly 30mm spacers for rear and 20mm for front.
also bought some fk rear coilovers, so fitted them, had them on full drop for a week, but now iv put the turning cups in and raised it about 1cm, just the wheels look stupid sitting in the arches so much! also had the car valeted which brought the paint up great! really happy with it. gave the FMIC and exhaust abit of autosol which brought them up awsome!

i also went awsomegti summer bash and picked up a couple stickers :) that was a good day out tho!

bit of an update..

had to raise car abit on the rear.. due to this happening one night.....hello grid...bye bye sump!....

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

luckly turned car off asap. now been replaced, the 3 bolts by the gearbox end are suchhhh a blag!

going to try an get hold of the council see if they can cover the costs or anythink. spose its worth a try! :s

also got pressed plates now of ebay...

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg