B5 TIP fitting guide for non ESP cars?

slowcoach3

Reaction score
As above really, just wondering if anyone has a guide for fitting a B5 TIP to a non esp car? Looking forward to fitting the tip and Jetex filter on monday, is there any other bits and pieces I need to buy first?
Thanks all

As above really, just wondering if anyone has a guide for fitting a B5 TIP to a non esp car? Looking forward to fitting the tip and Jetex filter on monday, is there any other bits and pieces I need to buy first?
Thanks all

Just a bit of extra plumbing, as the DV and Crank breather thing are located slightly different, and you need to put a filter thing on the end of the SAI plumbing that goes into the airbox and secure it somewhere, since the airbox will no longer be there!

Secondary air intake, its the plastic pipe that comes offthe airbox.

Thanks guys, I'm going to be be doing a SAI delete at the same time, already unplugged it the other day after a failed attempt at fixing it! Is the n75 going to be a problem, I had it in my head it was on the other side as it were on later cars?

N75 on ours is near the battery and not the bulkhead like later cars, i just used some silicone hose and a 90o plastic elbow for the n75 to connect to the tip.

sorry thats what i meant sai delete.
if you do the delete, i found that when you undo the pump on the bottom bracket, hit the bracket with a hammer to bend it back towards passenger side, the whole pump just falls out after a couple of hits. saves so much time trying to get it out, then the bolts to the bracket are exposed, the top bolt on the bracket is more accessable if you remove the dipstick. make sure you have a new dipstick handy if yours is an old dipstick. got my pump off in half hour using this method

Thanks jezzy, I know what I'm doing with the SAI, it's just the B5 TIP!

If you can do the SAI delete, the B5 TIP should be no problem at all for you ;)

Cheers mate, I'll find out tomorrow after my brake discs have been skimmed......New lcr brembo's have warped the discs inside 3 weeks and getting the horrendous juddering sorted is taking priority!