GT3582R info please

Scullies

Reaction score
Garrett 3582 - compressor is 56 trim .70 A/R, turbine is 84 trim .63 with an anti-surge housing.

I'm still learning about turbo things. I am aiming for 400hp for my S3, going to stroke it with FSI crank with rods and 83mm pistons.
Would the turbo mentioned above be overkill. Would it take a long time to spool? Would it fit in the S3, as there is limited space back there.
Should I be looking for a GT3071/GT3076
The car is going to be a daily drive with some track fun day racing in the colder months here.

stroker will help it spool obviously.
1900cc mine spools at 4700rpm - stroker might get this going 300-500rpm sooner

top mount.. it will be cosy
consider using tial vband hotside (more compact and will eliminate bolt/stud/gasket failures)

12psi on my hybrid gt3582/Precision62 is 360bhp, 25psi 545bhp on vpower pump fuel

you will want uprated valve train, largeport head, big injectors (depending on where you want your ultimate power goals)

If 400bhp is your goal, GT3582 is probably overkill, but will have PLENTY in hand :D

Just got a guy here who needs to sell his turbo, never used for about GBP 450. Is that a good deal?
The plan is to stroke the block, then use std head, valve train and K04 while I source/save for large port and valve train.

Are you running a top mount setup? Would that mean new downpipe for new big turbo setup?

Now who doesn't need more power :laugh:

Not only would you need a new downpipe you would need larger injectors, inline fuel pump, large FMIC, 100mm TIP, RS4 MAF etc... and to get the best out of the turbo a larger inlet manifold and throttle body...

And don't forget the thing most people seem to... lots of heat shielding...

<tuffty/>

:ohmy: and the shopping list grows. Good thing its my birthday next month, time to butter up the wife :laugh:

I have a bosch 044 pump and 4bar fpr, not installed yet as I am a little confused how to set this up. Haven't got round to searching it yet. Do you remove the pump in the tank and only have an inline pump. My logic tells me that if you keen both pumps in the system the bosch will run dry as it will pump more fuel than the std pump can supply.

Injectors are on the list, 630cc but may as well get 750cc if I decide on the gt3582r.
Tip I would fabricate in house. Would I use the RS4 MAF housing and sensor or just housing with S3 sensor. Can the S3 ecu read the RS4 maf sensor?
Heat shielding....copy that. Heat is my enemy here in Dubai, its was 48deg when I got in my car now. Ok it has been standing out in the sun all morning.

dude..

you are going to need to do more research to plan this properly.
GT3582 is a big turbo

what are your end goals for it..?? power etc?
750cc wont cut it on GT35 working efficiently..

If your plans are run it to the limit of other hardware with suitable mapping then ok, I can see where you are going with this..
Top mount on mine (seat ibiza).. more room in ibiza than s3

as tuffty says heatshielding around bulkhead is essential.. and of course everything else around it has to also change?!??!
downpipe, TIP, oil/water lines etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc..............

I would have a read of a few of the threads on here starting with mine before you do anything... 750cc injectors may not be big enough for the full potential of the GT35 though... You will have most of the fitment questions answered by reading the build threads from me, Welly and a couple of others on here... for the power levels of the GT35 I would suggest you consider a swirl pot setup where the intank pump supplies the swirl pot and the 044 draws from that for the fuel supply.... integrated engineering do a good one...

You also realise you won't be able to run any of this hardware properly without the mapping being sorted? injector scaling will be out, fuelling will be wrong, boost and torque control wrong, MAF scaling wrong etc... the engine will run to a point but don't go bolting stuff on and expect it to work... not having the map sorted will potentially end in you damaging the engine

<tuffty/>

I had my mind on the GT3071, but since this guy offered the GT3582 for a pretty good price and its brand new, I am undecided on which on to go for as I know the 3071 is going to cost more for the turbo being new. That’s why I have come to ASN for some help/info.

Is there any point to go for the GT3582 if its overkill for achieving 400-450bhp on a low boost.

£450 is good price for new gt3582, less than 1/2 its price

gt35, stroker, mapped to 400-450bhp will be running it very easy, which has its appeal given your ambient temps where you live.

frame size, its not that different to a full frame GT30

Yip, I have yours and Wellys build threads saved has favourites and have read them numerous times. The wife gets irritated with me when she sees "car stuff" on the TV, as my computer is hooked up to the TV screen.

Yip, I understand the mapping needs to be spot on for everything to run as its designed to. I will definitely be in contact with Bill when the time comes to for the map. The guys here in Dubai aren't too good with custom maps. they basically have the agency for APR, GIAC, REVO and UNITRONIC. So they can load a file for you but can’t really explain what the map is doing, not that I would understand it all.

Ok... here is what I would do... have a read up on some build threads to get yourself up to speed with what you are about to do... getting 450hp from a 20v is not difficult but the build is involved and needs to be done right else you will end up with an engine bay full of scrap metal..

Once you have read your fill then ask all the questions you want but the threads are there so that others can learn from them...

The turbo is largely irrelevant... 3071/3582 will still require a similar level of effort in the build to work... main difference is spool... if you want some other ideas, head over to SCN too... Bill mapped an LCR that was a HTA GT3071r with a billet comp wheel, 2ltr stroker and all the other bells and whistles... that did over 450hp with nice spool... that was on quite a bit of boost and had a boost creep issue due to the design of the wastegate outlet off the manifold...

James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! BIG Turbo Build - It's Home - SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum

The GT3582r will do 450hp all day long but the one you say you can get has a .63 hotside? this will ultimately limit its full power potential but would improve spool but not to 3071 levels...

Get your head around whats involved so you don't end up building something that not going to do what you want... a GT35 will need to rev to get the power else you will get a very narrow power band so that means doing the head..

<tuffty/>

Unitronic :whistle2:

I was going to suggest selling you a 1.8t block I have and ALH crank to bore it to a 2.1 but then noticed you were in Dubai. Oh well. As Bill said, GT35 is overkill if you are looking for 400hp, might as well use a GT30 but if you can get a good deal on the GT35 then possibly go that route although as has already been mentioned you need to figure out everything you need as the list will be reasonably long and costly. The GT35 will spool up quicker with an 83mm bore but I still wouldn't expect much before 4000rpm but after that it should pin you back in your seat. As for it fitting.....you might need to cut a few things up here and there but if you can get a Tial turbine housing on it that will enable you to position the turbo better than a fixed four bolt turbine housing.