loss of power

karl210

Reaction score
Only had my car for a couple of weeks and in the first week the oil pickup got clogged and the oil pressure light came on.
Sorted that out anyway but ever since that im sure ive lost some power. Before the turbo felt its best between 3-5k and pulled very hard, but now when i get to 3k it kicks in as usual upto about 4k then the power feels like it tails off and feels very flat. It feels as though its hesitating like a missfire would but nowhere near as harsh, its only slightly noticable. The turbo also sounds louder theres much more "sssssshhhhhhh" when under boost, i took the tip off to feel for play and there is some play up and down but non in and out but it didnt feel excessive and i couldnt get the blades to touch the housing. Im thinking of mabie buying a cheap boost gauge to check the the pressure if that would identify a worn or nackered turbo? or mabie i could film the revs and speedo on my private airstrip if anyone would be able to tell that way? The engine is an amk with 170k and an oettinger remap and n249 delete, thanks

Only had my car for a couple of weeks and in the first week the oil pickup got clogged and the oil pressure light came on.
Sorted that out anyway but ever since that im sure ive lost some power. Before the turbo felt its best between 3-5k and pulled very hard, but now when i get to 3k it kicks in as usual upto about 4k then the power feels like it tails off and feels very flat. It feels as though its hesitating like a missfire would but nowhere near as harsh, its only slightly noticable. The turbo also sounds louder theres much more "sssssshhhhhhh" when under boost, i took the tip off to feel for play and there is some play up and down but non in and out but it didnt feel excessive and i couldnt get the blades to touch the housing. Im thinking of mabie buying a cheap boost gauge to check the the pressure if that would identify a worn or nackered turbo? or mabie i could film the revs and speedo on my private airstrip if anyone would be able to tell that way? The engine is an amk with 170k and an oettinger remap and n249 delete, thanks

Sorry I have no idea what the problem is with your car , but a quick ask...... What o you think to the pettiness remap, I've heard it's awesome???? Cheers, Sean

Ive no idea to be honest mate, i bought the car with the remap already done so havent really been able to compare it, nor have i been in any other remapped s3's lol. But yeah the car was impressive before this problem