Audi S3 won't start - No communication with VCDS

Scullies

Reaction score
So I decided to finally change tke thermostat and housing. plus temp sensor and housing.

I took the mani off to make it a bit eaiser, and decided to clean the TB, mani and fuel rail.

Finished the work and put all the parts back on the car, didnt do the TB alignment. Started the car and realised I didnt connect the vacuum pipe on top of the TB, sounded awful !! Switched off, connected pipe and started again. All was good.
Then I had a brain fart, and decided to wash the engine with degreaser, sprayed the whole engine with degreaser and gearbox. Used a hose pipe to wash the dirt off the engine and a pressure washer to wash the gearbox.

Started car, and it was fine for about 2 minutes then just died, as though the key was turned off.
Now it wont start, just cranks over. I pulled the coil packs out and found each plug was covered with water/degreaser. Surely it shouldnt get in there?
VCDS wont connect to the engine module and I get these faults from an auto scan.

Address 17: Instruments Labels: 8L0-920-xxx-17.LBL
Controller: 8L0 920 932 BX
Component: AB-KOMBIINSTR. VDO D13
Coding: 03344
Shop #: WSC 00020
VCID: 87614712B623
WAUWT68L61A015534 AUZ7Z0Y1554696
2 Faults Found:
01177 - Engine Control Unit
49-00 - No Communications
01314 - Engine Control Module
49-00 - No Communications

Any ideas guys?

Check to see if there is water in the ECU black plastic box which could be interfering with it slightly !? If so dab it dry and get a hair dryer on the ECU harness and dry the ECU out incase the water is allowing the current to bridge the connectors..

Yip, checked that. Also made sure I didnt spray any water in that direction as I didnt want to get the ECU wet.
I didnt check fuses though, will check that in the morning.

Problem solved, blown 10amp fuse. Replaced with 15amp as per spec.

Note to self, always check the basics first before you reach panic mode!!

Problem solved, blown 10amp fuse. Replaced with 15amp as per spec.

Note to self, always check the basics first before you reach panic mode!!

Thats a result

Jase are you coming to inters. Sorry to hijack

Chris.