Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    5th Gear

Status

brake setup swop do i

well iv seen some porsche 6 pot calipers and ecs stage 5 discs and pads for £500 do i go for them or keep my LCR set up
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

2. # ADS
    ADS

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Do you want / need better brakes? Performance pads in your LCR brakes will be better than standard pads in the big 6 pots....

Also think about future costs, pads for the big 6 pots will be a fortune compared to the LCR brakes, and replacement discs will likely be in the region of £500+ for a set
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Neutral

Status
    Too heavy, parts will be stupid (arent ecs 2 pc discs over of £1000?- which is prob why they're for sale), you'll probably be 19'' wheels, might have servo/MC size issues?

If LCR brembos are making you want to upgrade somethings wrong somewhere.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    buy them.

il buy your LCR set for a bargain.

prawn, andy, shhhhhh

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    buy them.

il buy your LCR set for a bargain.

prawn, andy, shhhhhh
    Dammit! I'm too slow!

S3 AMK 2002. Only 203 BHP left in my poor little engine, currently searching for the 7 missing horses.
    Mods: Powerflex bushes at the front and rear, 710P DV, ambient light module, Badger5 V3 TIP, S2000 Filter.

5th Gear

Status
    Where have you seen them for sale?,thats really cheep,seen some on pistonheads about a month ago for a grand which aint a bad price,from what they are new.ive got the same brakes,they drive like normal brakes but when you need to stamp them on,crist,saved my car a few times,like a deer ran out infront of me,i slamed them on,and the person in the back ended up on the dash.i would'nt say there great just with high power great investment.downside you'll have to find wheels to fit your brakes,or over them (huge),and i just bought new disc pads with bell housing imported from america £950.they did last 7 years though and thats the pads as wel,the groves went on the discs,7 years aint bad though.id say get them,just make sure the discs are good or itl cost you £1500

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks guys I no of too sets of Lcr brembos and 2 sets of the Porsche brakes lol I need performance pads and discs on the LCR calipers I've got now but thought are the 6 pots better for prise and come with performance everything.

One pair are red at £1200 and other yellow £500.

LCR calipers I can get u them Carl pm me and funny guy by the way ha
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge