EM TuningChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jojo

Thread: How to get the engine out of a s3 ???

1st Gear

Status

How to get the engine out of a s3 ???

As title says lol. does anyone have any instructions on how to take the front bumper and everything off so that i can pull the engine out the front. I had a little look and i dont fancy guessing on what need to undo and what dosent need to undo etc. Would be very very helpful .

Also what is the better option: get my crank re ground or buy a new one from Audi £480

Whats the pro's and con's with getting a crank re ground?

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    liquids3 likes this.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan s3 audi View Post
    As title says lol. does anyone have any instructions on how to take the front bumper and everything off so that i can pull the engine out the front. I had a little look and i dont fancy guessing on what need to undo and what dosent need to undo etc. Would be very very helpful .

Also what is the better option: get my crank re ground or buy a new one from Audi £480

Whats the pro's and con's with getting a crank re ground?

Cheers
    You dont sound very confident in takeing it out,is it a good idea,the main thing is remembering where everything goes when you put it back together.there is quite alot to take out ect not simple,i you do decide to go ahead,give me a call or txt and i can explain a bit more indepth than on the net,id be hear all day explaining,if not there should be a previous post with engine removal,best to search google,my numbers there if you need it.

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!

5th Gear

Status
    Il pm number

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!

Neutral

Status
    To be honest if you need advise on how to take the bumper off properly i wouldnt start. Taking the engine out is 1000 times harder, and then dropping the crank out the block is pretty involved too...
    That might come across as quite harsh but it might save you in the long run.

1st Gear

Status
    well started takeing things apart today, i have taken the engine out of two other cars i have had just never re-built one yet but looks easy as long as you take your time etc. The parts list comes to just over £1700 just for the things to re-build the engine. but i guess if i do it how it should be done i will basicaly have a new engine in my car. I got one of those edwin manuals for computer off ebay but failed to notice that it dose not work on windows 7 so i am stuffed my fault tho. So i will be doing it all without a manual but i am quite mechanicaly minded and thanks for the number you might get a phone call on the weekend.

Question, when i took my inlet manafold off today i found two split pipes. can i get a complet pipe kit for these as most of the pipes coming off the manafold look in not the best condition?

Thanks

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan s3 audi View Post
    I got one of those edwin manuals for computer off ebay but failed to notice that it dose not work on windows 7 so i am stuffed my fault tho.
    What version of win7 you got? if you have win7 pro or ultimate edition you can use XP mode... failing that an old copy of XP using VMWare player will work too

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

5th Gear

Status
    Ok sounds like you'll be ok with doin it then,not a nice engine to take out though.yea give me a call when you like.why don't you just but another engine though theres a 330bhp s3 breaking on ebay now,more power less money than rebuild?,and as for the pipes if its the one going onto the nipple of the mani towards the right just replace it with 3mm silicone hose.the bigger ones below the mani come as about three different pipes,take the old one of and get part number to change,why not replace every pipe if your goin for rebuild,keep it all new.what was wrong with your engine anyway?

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!

5th Gear

Status
    Ok just read what was wrong with it sorry

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    What version of win7 you got? if you have win7 pro or ultimate edition you can use XP mode... failing that an old copy of XP using VMWare player will work too

<tuffty/>
    Its windows home premium, how do i get VMWare? Cheers

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by liquids3 View Post
    Ok sounds like you'll be ok with doin it then,not a nice engine to take out though.yea give me a call when you like.why don't you just but another engine though theres a 330bhp s3 breaking on ebay now,more power less money than rebuild?,and as for the pipes if its the one going onto the nipple of the mani towards the right just replace it with 3mm silicone hose.the bigger ones below the mani come as about three different pipes,take the old one of and get part number to change,why not replace every pipe if your goin for rebuild,keep it all new.what was wrong with your engine anyway?
    I will go into audi and get them too look the pipes up on there computer, get them ordered. well i was getting a slight knock from both bottom and top end. crank two had scored its shell and crank so decided to rebuild the whole engine.

Which Plastigauged do i get to check it all when i am done?