Badger5 TIP copied

Reaction score
Was bored so as usual i search the world of ebay and came across this: TIP

It appears to be a copy of Badger5's TIP, no idea of the quality of the product though, also read somewhere that Creations Motorsport are always copying other peoples products apparently.

It's probably cheaper as the quality isn't there. I think bill uses 4-5 ply silicone. At a guess this will be less.shame though after all the hard work bill put into it to have someone make money of his products

Personally, whilst it is a cunning find, I'd have this post deleted. it's word getting out about these things that will spread the word, and sadly, the masses will be swayed by the lower price and take a gamble on quality, rather than supporting Bill and all the amazing testing and development he's done for us.

Don't mention it, and people won't find them, and Bill will continue to sell loads!

Personally, whilst it is a cunning find, I'd have this post deleted. it's word getting out about these things that will spread the word, and sadly, the masses will be swayed by the lower price and take a gamble on quality, rather than supporting Bill and all the amazing testing and development he's done for us.

Don't mention it, and people won't find them, and Bill will continue to sell loads!

Sadly thats business though. And not everyone can afford the price tag of bills tip. So do they not deserve to own something similar? I think the majority will still support bill. Ive had 4 1.8t cars since the year 2004 and bills name has always been on the forums. He was popular then and is more so now. Surley the most passionate 1.8t tuner around. Most people will respect him for that and buy accordingly. Just my thoughts. Daz

Sadly thats business though. And not everyone can afford the price tag of bills tip. So do they not deserve to own something similar? I think the majority will still support bill. Ive had 4 1.8t cars since the year 2004 and bills name has always been on the forums. He was popular then and is more so now. Surley the most passionate 1.8t tuner around. Most people will respect him for that and buy accordingly. Just my thoughts. Daz

Totally agree
Hence why I drive 200 miles to see him :)
think the thread should be deleted also to avoid people buying a product that hasn't been tested fully and a copy of a unique and original design.
Could you not patent the design off the V1 and V2 Bill? You could get forge knocking on your door ;)

The quality could easily be the same for that price as the don't need get back the money for the hours of work and development badger had put in. That's business I'm afraid.

this one is a blatent fake/copy
such is life

who knows the quality of it... the price is the likely clue

you can guarantee zero development has gone into it... even the wording used is ripped off. lmao
Obviously a company with zero morals or business ethic

Copyright I have..
when products are copied by the likes of china, patents, IP, and patents mean nothing..

Badger5 remains the innovator of this product and I would hope people see this bunch for what they are........
free loaders imho

For those who want a lower cost Proper Badger 5 80mm TIP watch this space... ;) I have sample due to me in 2 weeks of another version for those on a budget and are happy with 90% gains of the current V2.
Thats all I will say for now... I think people will enjoy it.

Support the innovators and they will continue to innovate more.. Freeloaders just ride on the back of others for the ££

Reactions: Perplexer, Lavis89, Benjiman46 and 2 others
The quality could easily be the same for that price as the don't need get back the money for the hours of work and development badger had put in. That's business I'm afraid.

no it cant.
i cant get mine made for this price.. there is a reason its cheap I'm sure and its not just because its lcc sourced.

I don't think it costs a lot to patent something, but if bill was to challenge somebody on it, that could be costly and possibly not worth it, as it isn't a massive market.

It was bound to happen, and you can't really sensor it on the forum, it's upto people to make up their own minds if they want to buy an inferior product

Supporting innovaters is easy to say bill. But do you use these ethics? If phillips invented the dvd player will you only ever buy a phillips dvd player at dou le the price of a samsung? Id love to use you for tuning when i get my car worked on. Because of your honest, decent no strings attached advice.but your simply to far for me to travel. Having said that you will remain popular because of your attitude and enthusiasm. And your attention to perfect detail. Keep focused on that and dont let rip offs get you down. Most of us wont.cant wait to have a b5 tip!!! Daz

It was only a matter of time really, Bill is a legend at what he does so people are bound to copy him as its proven how good his ORIGINAL version is. I personally wouldn't want one of there fake Tips because, A) I wouldn't want the risk of buying something I dont know what the quality is and B) After being on here so long and reading through the work Bill has done and put into his tip, out of pure respect for Bill. Also I bet that billet version of there's is like cheese.

B5 TIP FTW.

Chris

And second hand values for bills are still high so if you need to sell your still no worse off. Truth is weve been here before with the sfs and thats hardly mentioned anymore. Bill will be fine. The two main groups that will buy this And not bills are people who are un able or un willing to pay for bills tip so either way bills lost nothing has he. Daz

Can I email them abusive things? :)

Reactions: Benjiman46
But that's just stupid, Havnt you patented the billet adaptor bill? If so can't you sue them copycats?

It's ripe everywhere to be fair. Not isolated to cars. Innovation is often replicated. F1, cars, the internet, almost everything. Apple release a successful and popular touch screen phone back in 07 and look what's happened now!

Business is business. It'll always happen.

Just take it as "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" :)

no it cant.
i cant get mine made for this price.. there is a reason its cheap I'm sure and its not just because its lcc sourced.

didnt mean to offend I can say ill be buying the real deal where is the best place to order one?

I don't think it costs a lot to patent something, but if bill was to challenge somebody on it, that could be costly and possibly not worth it, as it isn't a massive market.

It was bound to happen, and you can't really sensor it on the forum, it's upto people to make up their own minds if they want to buy an inferior product

he said he has the copyright for it though i think the appropriate terminology for it is Patent so if he were to take it up with ebay show them the registration of the patent or copyright from the patent office im sure they will declassify, wit-list saying that i think its against the ebay policy to put up fake parts and is punishable.

hence it is quite cheap to deal with this a situation just phone ebay and fax the registration with a big copy sign watermark on it done deal

@ collister From Badger 5 himself or awesome gti mate

Awesome - Badger 5 80mm Turbo Intake Pipe - S3 8L/TT 225/LCR

Last edited:
It says they'll be at gti international... Mass mobbing of abuse???

Reactions: Benjiman46
It says they'll be at gti international... Mass mobbing of abuse???

Yessss!!!! I'm with you! It annoys me that when you go out and buy a quality product that's actually changed KO4 tuning, and some idiot copies it and trys to make money out of it! It's like buying a quality designer product and then some company making a fake copy... Which one breaks first? Fakeeeeeee

he said he has the copyright for it though i think the appropriate terminology for it is Patent so if he were to take it up with ebay show them the registration of the patent or copyright from the patent office im sure they will declassify, wit-list saying that i think its against the ebay policy to put up fake parts and is punishable.

hence it is quite cheap to deal with this a situation just phone ebay and fax the registration with a big copy sign watermark on it done deal

@ collister From Badger 5 himself or awesome gti mate

Awesome - Badger 5 80mm Turbo Intake Pipe - S3 8L/TT 225/LCR

Copyright is what I have...... Patent's are massively expensive and in practise to contend such things and register them in the countries is just massively expensive. In practice where things are copied as a matter of practice (china, india etc) they don't acknowledge Patents or IP...

"COPY"right is what they have infringed. blatent immitation of mine. Obvious to see.
country of origin in this instance is no doubt india.. Asian..

you think chinese rips off are poor quality.... indian is far worse in my industrial expeirence. dreadfull.

Its not unexpected, as it clearly has'nt gone unnoticed by many... and inevitably some see a bandwagen to jump on, to make a buck on the back of others hard work... These people have no morals. I hope they are seen for what they are.

onward and upward....

I am sure you will like the new B5 TIP offering (for those who dont already have a B5 tip)
regards
bill

Well at least if the are at inters we will be able to man handle them and get a better idea of what the quality is like.

Any plans to be at inters yourself Bill?

I wouldn't trust something of unknown quality so close to to turbo myself, especially for the saving you'd be making...

Once I've got afew bits done to the car I'll be up to see bill for a TIP and Map, looking forward to the new product.

I went to Bill's last week to buy a TIP, and the extra cost was worth it.

He spent time explaining how it had to be altered to fit APY engine, also sorted out extra bits to make it fit. Also spent time with me explaining logs I needed to do to check if car is ready for remap.

All this extra time for £0 and even spent time analysing logs for me, so if you dont buy of Bill dont expect free info or guidance.

Almost everything we make at work ( engineering/ tooling ) has been copied at some point.
Its just how things are, As for shouting at the company at inters... nah, not for me, I agree its wrong but like the products we make at work... quality and knowledge back up the real deal product... Bill has sooo much to offer in terms of service and ability.
The same company supplied my brake vac hose... it was a copy of a forge one... i bought it for 2 reasons... they had it in stock where as nobody had the forge one and it was less than half the price...
The quality is about 95% to be fair but the TIP and adapter is a far more complex item.

I have not had any dealing with Badger 5 nor this e-bay site but can see the issues around IP etc. I think customer service, quality, reputation and presence on forums speaks volumes for an organisation like Badger 5 and is a key driver for the majority of enthusiastic owners in making decisions.

E-bay can be a place where we look for products but the savvy person will have done other research first and/or be on a car based forum and hopefully will make the right decision on who and where to buy which, in this case, would hopefully NOT be they e-bay option.

Just my thoughts ...

Martin

its too late to have any ill effect on bill and his business.
he's too well established, the TIP and design is widely recognised as his, and his reputation is so high.
if this came out a week or 2 after bill made/tested them, then i think there would be trouble.
but these peoples efforts to imitate are poor, and too slow off the mark.
they can go and screw themselves

the TIP and design is widely recognised as his, and his reputation is so high.

I found this out the other day when sorting out my insurance with greenlight. I was going through my list off mods and I mentioned the B5 TIP- bloke on the phone said "that the V1 or V2 model from badger 5 mate?" :D He said there have been a lot of people adding it on their policies during the past year

I found this out the other day when sorting out my insurance with greenlight. I was going through my list off mods and I mentioned the B5 TIP- bloke on the phone said "that the V1 or V2 model from badger 5 mate?" :D He said there have been a lot of people adding it on their policies during the past year

really? wow...

Adding mods to your insurance policy............ Lol ignorance is bliss!!! :)

As for b5 tip it's legendary and well known worldwide, can't wait to get mine . I have got a creation motorsport breather pipe and I'm not happy with the quality, looks and feels poor compared to other forge parts I have .

Abuse and banners mocking at shows I think is a necessity!

Yeah Bill- they must get all types of mods at that place and I suppose the best and most common ones for certain cars will stick in there memory :)

Note on the listing it says " compare to any other hose on the Market you won't be disappointed"

Sounds like a challenge!

Sadly thats business though. And not everyone can afford the price tag of bills tip. So do they not deserve to own something similar?

I'd go as far as to say NO, they don't deserve to own something similar at all.

Daewoo make **** cars, and poor people buy them, because they're poor. they know this.

Ferrari make expensive cars, and rich people buy them becuase they are the best. They also know this. and the class system works.

If Daewoo knocked off a ferrari and sold it cheap, you'd still be a **** for buying the daewoo, and everyone would know you only bought it because you can't afford the real thing.

A knock off product is just that, a knock off. A cheap copy, second best.

£100 for a knock off, not exactly a cheap knock off then.
i imagine if it falls to bits in 6 months the response would be feck off.