Gave the car a bit of a clean for Inters

rhubarb4

Certified Audi nutter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Iv been trying to do this the last 2 weeks but thanks to this crap weather all I got was 4hrs Sunday evening. Gave her a Snowfoam then wash 2 bucket method, then a quick clay with Megs as it started to spit and when it stopped I managed to polish it with Megs Ultimate Polish, and finally waxed with Megs Ultimate Wax. Ran out of time to vac the inside and clean the glass so that's all that's left.

Here's some pics.

S3a.jpg

39b6198f.jpg

f8c36f0c.jpg

c17d2b2b.jpg

701e7cfd.jpg

S3c.jpg

S3b.jpg

Not the best but better than it was lol.

Thanks for looking, Chris.

Reactions: Sandra
I have the same steering lock lol, yes that's all I noticed...... All the lads at work bully me saying it ruins the look of car,

I say I'd rather have my car looking crap , than some Chav nicking it looking fab lol

Looks good mate

Lol yes sir tyre shiney spray and wheel cleaner are coming with me, plus some other detaily bits as I have a feeling the field were we camp may be a bit muddy :ohmy:.

Looks nice. Is that where you work? Looks just like how I park mine at work - end bay, nice and close to the kerb (without kerbing rims) so I have max room to the next car to avoid door dings. People even leave "my" space for me now!!

Tempted to do my grille surround black too. Did you spray it?

Looks nice. Is that where you work? Looks just like how I park mine at work - end bay, nice and close to the kerb (without kerbing rims) so I have max room to the next car to avoid door dings. People even leave "my" space for me now!!

Tempted to do my grille surround black too. Did you spray it?

Cheers, yeah I always try and park in end bays, like you say as far over as possible to make sure I dont get doors opened on to her lol. I had my grill wrapped by damo.h on here its such a transformation and he's done a cracking job I love looking at it lol.

Chris.

Looking good bud. I have this coming Friday booked off to wash mine. It's not been done for nearly 4 months so I'm planning to start at 7am and need to be at the Bruntingthorpe campsite 70 miles away by 17:30 :sadlike:

Looking good bud. I have this coming Friday booked off to wash mine. It's not been done for nearly 4 months so I'm planning to start at 7am and need to be at the Bruntingthorpe campsite 70 miles away by 17:30 :sadlike:

Should give you a good 10 hours of cleaning time then...!

I booked Thursday and Friday off work so that give me three days of cleaning time :D

<tuffty/>

Me too, although I'll probs only spend the day

Slacker!! LOL

Mines in need of a light machine polish... that'll take enough time on its own and not done the summer detail yet this year so its gonna be a long one :)

<tuffty/>

Slacker!! LOL

Mines in need of a light machine polish... that'll take enough time on its own and not done the summer detail yet this year so its gonna be a long one :)

<tuffty/>

Ah but I hand polished and sealed mine two weeks ago :p

You have a text btw ;)

Dane can always have my car for a machine polish and detail if you have nothing to do on the 2 of your 3 days off lol

Chris.

Chris, the car looks sweet dude, nearly as good as mine :moa:

I have the same matching disklok too ;)

Ive got friday afternoon and saturday afternoon to do mine. Ive even pulled my "toy" car out to use so the S3 can go in my unit.
It will be a clay, polish seal and wax for me. By hand ! so if ive got both my hands stuffed in my pockets... its because i cant raise either arm !
The reflection looks great there. Either my polishing or photography skills are lacking something .

Ive got friday afternoon and saturday afternoon to do mine. Ive even pulled my "toy" car out to use so the S3 can go in my unit.
It will be a clay, polish seal and wax for me. By hand ! so if ive got both my hands stuffed in my pockets... its because i cant raise either arm !
The reflection looks great there. Either my polishing or photography skills are lacking something .

Lol my arms were aching like a mofo the next day, could move them half way before the ache set in haha, Iv still got the inside to do so I bought my Hoover with me today lol. Bought some of the 99p Tesco Daisy that they have been raving about in the detail section so I can give the plastics and trim a good going over, oh the joy of cleaning lol.

Im not going to be there :(

So no sparkly wheels from me this year!!

Was going to start the big 2 day clean today. It's currently raining so hard that I'm going to have to let it calm a bit.

I've also got everything needed to wash, clay, and polish a car except car shampoo! I've got to pop out for some later before I can even start.

I have made a start on mine... all wheels off cleaned and sealed, inner arches cleaned with megs APC and given a spray over with 303 protectant.. machine polished large panels and protected and sealed... front bumper, drivers door and rear panels tomorrow then the interior.. :D

<tuffty/>

Well im working all friday and saturday... so off to the unit saturday teatime... see what i can make of it before i fall asleep

Oh man! I've spent 5 hours on the car today and only got it washed, did front two wheels, calipers, and clayed 1 panel!

This was the first time id washed the TT wheels since I bought them in April. I thought they were matt black but after an hour per wheel using "wonder wheels" and they turned out to be anthracite!

Goin to get cracking on the car at 8am tomorrow as I'm off work. It's going to be a hard slog to get it clayed, polished, and interior done, then packed and up to the campsite for 17:30 :faint:

Anyway, a few pics.

749abbbd.jpg

After a wash she was back in the garage and dried:

c6bfd33f.jpg

Wheels off:

03d68218.jpg

Calipers cleaned:

4de34327.jpg

Oh look a grey wheel, not black!

ed0c671c.jpg

All together. Will tyre shine tomorrow too.

aa7ebed6.jpg

Reactions: Sandra
Love the callipers Neil :wub: really want the porka setup, I cleaned my seats today I used my magic cleaner great stuff had it years only thing is it needs to be left to dry then vacuum off, it lifts the dirt up and does leave them really clean fluffy and smelling nice. Then when there clean I can de-bobble them with my moms JML thing if I can pinch it without her noticing lol.

Paul what do you use on your Alcantara seats as we have the same interior, is it a foam based product or do you use Swissvax.

Chris.