S3 Front Wheel Bearings same as A3 quattro?

Colly

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me if the S3 wheel bearings are the same as the A3 1.8t Quattro i would have thought so im just checking thats all
Thanks?

Its a bit of a starnge question with no context... wh not just buy the right part?

Generally speaking they 'should' be the same part... IIRC I have looked into replacing mine before but asked for S3 ones... there are cheaper versions on eBay for around 15 quid but the ones to get are the 30/35 quid ones as they are a better quality..

They are around 50/60 quid IIRC from a dealer

<tuffty/>

Just a local supplier has got a set for a 1.8t quattro and they didnt list the s3 thats all

Humm... as far as I am aware they should be the same part... the OEM part number is 1J0 498 625 iirc

<tuffty/>

ETKA suggests s3's after 2001 use a different bearing and hub. The 1J0 number above appears to fit earlier S3's and most A3's

My experience with bearings says to use branded ones, FAG, Timken, SKF etc.

Fit cheap tat and you'll be doing it again soon!

Well, it's old tread, but just saw it. And, you're on the right track! There's a good chance the S3 and A3 1.8t Quattro share the same wheel bearings. To be absolutely certain, it's best to double-check the part numbers for your specific Audi A3 1.8t Quattro model year. Here's what I found:
  • In several online forums, Audi enthusiasts discussed using the same wheel bearings for both cars
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axGGJfnUeQo.
  • Parts websites often list the same bearing assembly for both S3 and A3 1.8t Quattro with compatible years.