Bbs rs 9.5j et40 rear fitment!

Low_slow

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new here just been looking around and have found some bbs rs reps and they are 9.5j et 40 and 8.5j et 40 and wondered if they would fit I've been looking at a few other posts saying 8.5j woul need et20! Hopefully some one will be able to help? I was also thinking 215 40 18 for front and 225 40 18 on rear! Does that sound like a good ideas for that size wheel?

Thanks Lewis

Hi all I'm new here just been looking around and have found some bbs rs reps and they are 9.5j et 40 and 8.5j et 40 and wondered if they would fit I've been looking at a few other posts saying 8.5j woul need et20! Hopefully some one will be able to help? I was also thinking 215 40 18 for front and 225 40 18 on rear! Does that sound like a good ideas for that size wheel?

Thanks Lewis

Is the car fwd or 4wd as the rolling circumference of the tyres will need to match if it's 4wd and I'm not to sure if having the 215/40 and 225/40 tyres will be close enough to not cause problems,I've looked into it and found a tyre size website on google and it showed me that if I used 225/40 18 all round on 7.5 fronts and 9.5 rears they would have the same rolling circumference so I would say keep to the same tyre size for all 4 wheels if your car is 4wd,don't forget the 215 is the width of the tyre and the 40 is the percentage of the width so will obviously change if the width of the tyre changes so will give a different rolling circumference :)

Is the car fwd or 4wd as the rolling circumference of the tyres will need to match if it's 4wd and I'm not to sure if having the 215/40 and 225/40 tyres will be close enough to not cause problems,I've looked into it and found a tyre size website on google and it showed me that if I used 225/40 18 all round on 7.5 fronts and 9.5 rears they would have the same rolling circumference so I would say keep to the same tyre size for all 4 wheels if your car is 4wd,don't forget the 215 is the width of the tyre and the 40 is the percentage of the width so will obviously change if the width of the tyre changes so will give a different rolling circumference :)

Ahh ok I'm only front wheel as I only have an a3 18t sport!
i was looking more to find out if I will have enough clearance from my rear shock and if the wheel will be hanging out side of my arch!