Volks AutosBadger5

Thread: help please

1st Gear

Status

help please

fitted coilovers couple weeks ago, everything i thought me and my father in law done properly. anyway i noticed the rear was more bouncy than before when just fitted and so i had a look underneath the back end to see what was wrong. omg i was in horror as to what i saw, basically the 2 pics i need your help on is the rear pictures, notice how they dont sit over the sleeve, and the fk sign is upside down, ive rung fk and the say to fit rear springs with fk sign upside down. Pictures by benj1980 - Photobucket

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    that sounds typical of fk to me i had ak streets coilovers on my volvot4 and they where harendess ,front springs turning adjusters winding themselfs loose regardless of how tight the grubscrew was dun up ! front shocks looked like they were leaking after a month !i found there customer service shocking to say the least!! and out of princible i would never buy anything off them again, also broke the car for spares 5months after fitting them and you would not bleave the corssion on the dampers and springs ud think they were on there for 10 years lol sorry to here your problems i hope you get it sorted very soon

Alex

Status
    Surely you would of noticed the springs not fitting the adjusters when fitting them?
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

PS3: Broady_11

1st Gear

Status
    cheers guys , no didnt notice to be honest. what you think is the problem? upside down springs ?

Neutral

Status
    to me it does look upside down im sure the more open side of the spring is softer to pick up height adjustment id try it and if its still not sitting corect ring fk for advise (good luck lol) and explain the probs your having

Alex

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tubby-ben View Post
    cheers guys , no didnt notice to be honest. what you think is the problem? upside down springs ?
    Yeh that would be where I'd start and the top of the spring in the pics does look to have a bigger opening.
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

PS3: Broady_11

1st Gear

Status
    rodney you plonker. just dropped my rear beam down and put the springs in the right way around this time. what a noob i am. oh well it looks alot better now, and the spring is located perfect on the adjuster. handles a dream, carnt believe the difference now they are on properly. thanks for everybodys input. should have my jetex filter turn up anyday now and then INTERS bring it on....