Missing pixels on dash

Jonesymk2

Reaction score
Is there any way of getting the clocks repaired atall to fix the missing pixels or would it be easier to just buy new clocks

Have a look on eBay, you can buy the screens and do it yourself if you're handy with a soldering iron or opt to send off your clocks and get them done for you.

ive just tryed to fix mine but totally killed it now.ribbons come away from board.owever screens are 30 pound off ebay but looking on youtube about installing them wel lets say you need to be very very handy with a soldering iron looks a right ***** to do.

Hi there

Very common problem. I have had mine fixed now.
All i can say is unless your are very handy with a soldering iron DONT do it yourself. Its very tricky and if you mess up it will be veeeeery expensive to get put right.

When i got mine fixed.......I sent it off to BBA-reman and i paid £275 (i think) including postage but i had the whole unit re-built as it wasn't just my LCD that was faulty. Had new components put in on the whole lot.
Im not sure how much they would charge just for the LCD screen to be replaced.

Anyway. Hope this helps. Its definitely worth getting fixed!!

Cheers
Scott

Before

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

After

IMG_0492.jpg

My dash seems to be just the display missing pixels but I know a couple people good at electronics so would be able to get somebody to do it for me,I did notice the other day that the fuel gauge needle was bouncing up and down while the car was ticking over,I turned the car off then started it again and it didn't do it again so not to sure what the problem was