Will this subwoofer from an 8L A3 fit my S3

Shane-Ireland

Reaction score
Guy local to me is selling this sub from an A3 will it fit my S3?

Only have one pic to work from hopefully it's enough for someone in the know to be able to help me..

photo.jpg

To be honest I can't be 100% sure but it looks pretty differnet from what my S3 has fitted. Does your S3 have Bose? If so then I guess only a Bose sub would also be plug and play.

What year A3 is it from as it doesn't look like my old 8L S3 one, as the speaker I had was on the front.

That looks similar to the sub enclosure that was in an s3 I worked on at work the other day,the speaker is in the back face of the enclosure and faces towards the rear lamp,if your car already has the sub enclosure in it why not remove it and compare to the one you're looking at if it's close enough to pop and look at it,I would t have thought there would be to much difference in the enclosures

Yeah Jonesy might just do that,is it hard to remove the sub from the little recess it sits in ?

You have to unclip the inner 1/4 trim under the window and there is a screw behind there,then under the 2 securing hoops on the rear panel trim there is some 30 torx bolts to undo and also 4 25torx screws then remove the rear panel trim,also there is another securing hoop on the inner wheel arch that has to be removed,then if you look in the recess behind the rear light there is a plastic push through clip that has to be removed and then the trim will come out with a few gentle tugs,the sub enclosure is then held in by a few 8mm nuts

Last edited:
Pic of an S3 sub next to my Andy Mac Stealth Sub...
20100630_IMG_6757.jpg

<tuffty/>

I spotted one of those on eBay last night looks good and neat aswell I might have to invest in one at a later date for mine

<tuffty/>

That looks nothing like the sub in my S3 tuffty,mine only has one large cone,not too smaller ones.

Thanks for the tips jonsey sounds like it's not a 5 min job then lol

That looks nothing like the sub in my S3 tuffty,mine only has one large cone,not too smaller ones.

Thanks for the tips jonsey sounds like it's not a 5 min job then lol

The Bose sub enclosure has twin speakers as mine is the same and non Bose systems have single speakers,no worries its not a 5 min job no but still should only take you about half hour to get all the bits out,I'm a body fitter by trade so it's my job to remove and refit trims and everything else lol

The Bose sub enclosure has twin speakers as mine is the same and non Bose systems have single speakers,no worries its not a 5 min job no but still should only take you about half hour to get all the bits out,I'm a body fitter by trade so it's my job to remove and refit trims and everything else lol

Cheers Jonesy - went out to the car and had a good look at my sub it seems to be identical to the one from the A3 i posted so i'll probably buy it and fit it,it's going very cheap so worth a punt.

Cheers Jonesy - went out to the car and had a good look at my sub it seems to be identical to the one from the A3 i posted so i'll probably buy it and fit it,it's going very cheap so worth a punt.

No worries glad I could help :)

&lt;tuffty/&gt;:1607622 said:
20100630_IMG_6757.jpg

<tuffty/>

Tuffty that looks sweet.where did you get it from.have you got any more pics fitted?

Tuffty that looks sweet.where did you get it from.have you got any more pics fitted?

That sub he has is an Andy Mac stealth sub (AMSS), Andy is a member on here that sells them give him a shout im sure he still does them there amazing.

Chris.