Chrome S3 Mirrors

benhancock_uk

Reaction score
Up until now how been tempted to get the S3 chrome mirrors..... until I saw the price from Audi! I've seen a couple of cheaper options on the net but im sure the look / finish wont be the same. Has anyone done this??

I guess you get what you pay for.... (but £500!!)

Genuine ones do come up quite regularly on eBay though you've got to wonder where from...

They are usually cheaper - £100-200.

The genuine ones look heaps better becuase they are aluminium rather than chrome and yes you can tell the difference.

In-Pro bling bling chrome mirrors, around 65 quid

1525500c1.jpg

Close up:-

1525115-1549_IMG-med.JPG

can someone post a pic of the satin ones from an s8 - like the ones s3bow has.... my (coming tomorrow) S3 has JBR chromes like the pic above, but the audi oem's sound ver different? anyone care to show us??

right, they look a bit like brushed stainless.. v. different.. hmmm may have to upgrade mine...

I personally feel you should never buy 2nd hand mirrors from ebay. it just promotes the theft of your nice shiney ones! The BMW community have a huge problem with the M3 mirrors and have petioned ebay to ban all listings for them without baseplates.

I am un-aware of how easy the audi ones are to pinch, but any way of stopping the scummy b@stards from knicking mirrors must be good. If people wont buy them, they wont steal them!

never really thought they were nicked but i suppose they could be. I have been watching out for some on ebay and can say the last 3-4 sets all went for about £250, a little too much for my blood - even saw last minute bidding at around midnight for a set!! If anybody here has put some on can they see a way to secure them to the vehicle. The idea occured to me that if you can afix a braided cable to the inside of the housing and thread it through with the elec wires and find a mounting point inside the door it would at least slow the stealing process down??

ive had my original pair knicked, and da Fu****s dented da door wid a lil pinch as they snapped them off downwards. Gutting really then i bought another pair and well dey got knicked again but this time only da driver-side as i got out wen i heard my alarm. So another lil pinch dent and NO MIRROR. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Finally got In-Pro 1's and not a prob yet, but im sure sum1 who knicks them can tell the difference.

[ QUOTE ]
ive had my original pair knicked, and da Fu****s dented da door wid a lil pinch as they snapped them off downwards. Gutting really then i bought another pair and well dey got knicked again but this time only da driver-side as i got out wen i heard my alarm. So another lil pinch dent and NO MIRROR. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Finally got In-Pro 1's and not a prob yet, but im sure sum1 who knicks them can tell the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a strange language you're speaking there.

no not dudlay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif lol, fum Birmingham actually.

Its jus wen ur always txn u get use 2 it and anyway its not like i'm gonna get good grade or win summit if i use propa english etc, and i av ad da /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif taken b4 but its not my fault all u audi drivers think ur all POSH u knw. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

Sowi to all u jolly ol'chaps out there, i knw i dont meet da standards ov all u fags dat dnt take it above 3k revs n den complain about not avin any BOOST! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

No Offence, jus kiddin really!! But i must say u do get the odd few Audi drivers that are a little stuck up coz they got an AUDI.... BIG WOW!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

There's nothing wrong with being posh you know!

We're not all to55ers....

Got mine from a guy on ebay germany. £220 delivered, brand new in vag box. He sells a lot to the UK. A few on here have bought from him. Do a search for threads on here regarding them. I've posted his link and ebay name on here before.

Chris.

I bought some genuine rs4 mirrors from said man in Germany and i am very happy with the look.

Chris