Rota GTR's on an S3?

Nogmeister

Reaction score
As per title - hit me with it!

Nogaro blue car with maybe the gunmetals in 18 with Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas....

Hans-Frederik-Bjark%C3%B8y-S3-rota-grid.jpg

Only pic I can find, gives you an idea..

Ive got similar wheels on mine, there white and look crap.
But i need them out of necessity no style.
But because there lightweight the ride is so much smoother and the car feels a lot better handling wise.
i think the above picture looks great though

The wheels in the picture are Grid Drifts. Quite similar to GTRs. I have a set of grid drifts on my car. The ones in the picture are 9.5 and the ones on my car are 8.5.
Wish I went for the 9.5 as mine don't have much of a curve in the spokes

I had a set of GTR's on my Evo and loved them :) I had the 18" x 9.5" so they looked proper stanced !

Two questions though as I have been thinking of a set for my S3 also

1) Do they sell the Rota's in 5 x 100 PCD ?
2) Does anyone know what offset we would need on an S3 for the 9.5" ones ?

Yeah Rota do a 5 x 100. However they don't do an offset to suit Audi's so either........

the offset on 8.5 (can't remember.....maybe et44?) is what i have an i required 15mm spacers on the front and 25 on the back.

for the 9.5s (don't know the offset at all) but the guy who i ordered them off said they will sit nice and wide but i would have to have my wheel arches modified if i ever wanted to lower it.

I am hoping to have coil overs on mine in the next week or two.......

432329_299379703455078_100001491537151_825421_1949046691_n.jpg

Now that i have them on my car i kinda wish i went for the 9.5s. Mine don't have as much of an arch in the spokes like the picture above. He has 9.5s i believe. I remember speaking to him on Facebook about it

My apologies........Just found the conversation i had with him. He gave me his spec of his wheels (yellow car at the top)

Btw, specs;
Rota grids
18x9,5
ET 38
17mm spacers in the front
30mm spacers in the rear

Which is weird because the guy told me 9.5s wouldn't need spacers but he has biggers on that i have on my 8.5s. Confusing!

I dont get why Rota do ET12 and ET20 in the 18x9.5" with 5 x 114 PCD yet they dont offer good offsets on the 5 x 100 PCD's :(

I rekon ideally on the 9.5" you would need teh ET12 on the rear and ET20 on the front and then you would not require any spacers.

The reason I went 9.5" on the Evo was exactly for the reson you mention above, to get the "dish" on the spokes. however I believe if you go for the 8.5" in a 17" rim you also get the nice "dish" too. I am very tempted to get them in 17" on the S3 as I like the size and I like the replacement tyre prices even more !

Because they sell thousands of 5x114.3 fitment wheels and only a handful of 5x100 so they arent going to spend money developing loads of fitments for wheels they cant be sure they`ll sell. In America they do good 5x112 fitments but over here they do like 19s thats about it for the transporters because theres a bigger market for Audi`s with that fitment over there.

i like these wheels on S3s, what are the specs on the yellow one, and the blue one? same wheel width back and front?

Like the look of that yellow one!

Sorry to go off topic, but anyone fitted compomotive MOs to an 8L S3? Kinda similar wheels ;)

So what specs et/spacers/tyres would be needed to runs these 18x9.5 all round. Would the arches need to be pulled/rolled?

I reckon 9.5 would be a bit tight on the front, rears would be fine. You can squeeze a 10 in the rear.

I seriously looked into getting some Rota Grid Drifts for my S3 recently, 9.5J all round. I absolutely love the look of them, and considering my car is already low, really would have finished it off nicely.

What put me off was the pricetag of £980.00 + for the wheels alone. After tires I'd have been looking at £1300.00 at least - I just couldn't find any way to justify spending that kind of money on wheels.

Don't think they will ever be as common as RS4's or BBS reps. They are everywhere

Hey! I never said mine were reps thank you! Very much the real thing!
:asskicking:

I'm still thinking about getting the Rotas though, but in Silver, or as Rota call it "Steel Silver". Would fit with my colour scheme a bit better.

I have found Rota Grids for sale, 18x9.5 5x100 et38 flat black £850 delivered, not bad really! Surprised they look that well fitted on the yellow one up the top being 9.5 all round!

Hans-Frederik-Bjark%C3%B8y-S3-rota-grid.jpg

Only pic I can find, gives you an idea..

This does look so good - perfect stance and exactly what I'm trying to achieve, but 17mm spacers on the front... really? I was told I'd need at least 18mm to even clear the strut...

No one seems to have any idea of how to actually set these up. :sob:

Sorry to revive an old thread, but finally managed to get my S3 up and running on Rota Grid Drifts as I'd planned.

Was difficult to get right, but very very happy with the results!

IMG_1551-Version2.jpg

IMG_1561-Version2.jpg

IMG_1568-Version2.jpg

IMG_1575-Version2.jpg

IMG_1578-Version2.jpg

IMG_1584-Version2.jpg

IMG_1572-Version2.jpg

IMG_1582-Version2.jpg

Reactions: Kuvi-S3 and feck_on_a_stick
Yeh these look amazing on the s3. Perfect match imo!!

They look really good on your car, what spec of wheel have you gone for as im looking at these at the moment, and as much help as possible would be grateful.

That looks amazing!! What are the specs of the wheels and spacers?

Yes please, can we have specs please mate of wheels, spacers and tyres

Thanks for the comments and reviews! I'm really happy with the car now, took a lot of investigation to work out sizes etc.

In the end I went for the below wheels, ordered direct from Rota...
(you'll have to go direct to get the same size as me, third party retailers won't do them, and may not even be able to offer the correct PCD)

- Rota Grid Drift 18"
- 5 x 100 PCD
- 9.5J Wide
- ET 23 Offset

In terms of running without rubbing and catching issues, you'll need 5mm spacers all round to clear the struts on the front, and the arch linings on the back. I'm running 5mm spacers on the front, and 15mm spacers on the rear. I have had the front arches rolled on mine as well, and trimmed the arch liners down on all four corners just to be safe - at the time I couldn't quite work out whether or not this was entirely necessary, but even now with the fronts rolled, the tyres do sit very close to the wings, so I would definitely advise rolling the arches to be safe.

Sexy.as.fck mate will be seeing this at hawk soon then

Thanks Dan, at 'hawk'? What do you mean?

They do look refreshingly different and amazingly as said, they were made for an s3....:applaus:
whats the weights on these?

Thanks Dave. Not sure on weights to be honest, definitely lighter than my RSTTs were though.

I'll come back to you once I've looked through the paperwork, as I don't know off the top of my head.

Thanks for the comments and reviews! I'm really happy with the car now, took a lot of investigation to work out sizes etc.

In the end I went for the below wheels, ordered direct from Rota...
(you'll have to go direct to get the same size as me, third party retailers won't do them, and may not even be able to offer the correct PCD)

- Rota Grid Drift 18"
- 5 x 100 PCD
- 9.5J Wide
- ET 23 Offset

In terms of running without rubbing and catching issues, you'll need 5mm spacers all round to clear the struts on the front, and the arch linings on the back. I'm running 5mm spacers on the front, and 15mm spacers on the rear. I have had the front arches rolled on mine as well, and trimmed the arch liners down on all four corners just to be safe - at the time I couldn't quite work out whether or not this was entirely necessary, but even now with the fronts rolled, the tyres do sit very close to the wings, so I would definitely advise rolling the arches to be safe,

Do you think I could use exact same specs but for Rota GTR's? And is this where you contacted them? Problem is I can't see GTR's in their list... Wheel Collection - ROTA Wheels

Altho I've found another one here Love Rota GTR alloy wheels? So do we!

Do you think you could go to 19"? All the different sizes are giving me a migraine! Why are some concave and other's not? The std ET's they have on that site are 20 and 25, could you get one of those ET's and use different sized spacers? I don't have a ****ing clue what I'm talking about, I just know I want that concave and sticky out rim look lol. Does the lip kinda sticking out look come from stretching undersized tyres on or is it from the concave of the alloy?

Last edited:
So I emailed Rotashop and he told me they use ET38's for S3's then sent me pics of the above car with the ET23 specs. lol wut?