My s3 is still cutting out after replacing the crank sensor...any ideas????

Danny22

Reaction score
I posted a thew days ago that my s3 keeps cutting out and I was told it is prob the crank sensor and a thew lads on here said the same.....I replaced it yesterday and it still keeps cutting out.....I'm not 100% but I'm sure when it started cutting out again today the petrol gauge dropped a bIt when I tried to start it again...anyone have any ideas cause its doing my head in!

Plugged it in twice and no fault codes come up mate

And also when it cuts out the traction control light comes on the dash even when I've got it goin again and I can't turn it off by the button...the light just stays on the dash

If i remember correctly this was after heavy rain?
Water in your ECU?
Take it off (10 min job) and see if its wet.
EPC or ESP light?
Look at your connection to the throttle body connector, make sure its very tight, ( a couple of plastic ties to keep it on) works loose on vibration and causes car to stall.
Fuel pump?

ESP light mate...no it does it in all weather mate....when I get it started after it keeps cutting the light stays on all the time and I tried turning it off by the button but it stays on

Have you cleaned your throttle body? if you have, have you done the throttle body adaptation?
There are two connectors to the throttle body, one on the inlet manifold and the other on the side of the throttle body and this one causes all the problems.
Are you scanning with vag com? or some other scanning tool?