S3 front seat problem - Need both levers to tilt forward

afinney

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Had a search but can't seem to find any similar problems (though admittedly I'm not brilliant at sourcing previous posts on things), hoping someone here has a solution to an odd problem I have.

The passenger seat will tilt forward but only when both 'levers' (on each side of the seat) have been pulled. Pulling either first makes no difference, as soon as the other joins it the seat will tilt, however each by itself doesn't work.

The drivers side works fine with one lever by itself.

Not a huge problem really since I can still tilt the seat forward, but just a pain and would like to fix if possible.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

There is a rod that joins the two levers together and runs through the back of the seat, if the rod has popped out of place or been incorrectly adjusted it would cause the problem you are experiencing.

There is a section in the interior workshop manual that explains the function of the rod and how to check/adjust it. I am sure someone can point you to that link as I cannot get to it due to being at work just now.

Cheers
Steve

On the side of the seat nearest the handbrake you need to remove the plastic part of the lever (use pliers and a protective cloth) and then the plastic insert in the seat. Behind there is the nut or bolt that connects the mechanism to the rod (which joins to the other side). I think mine had just come loose and i had the same problem as you. Just needs tightnening up.

Ace.

Thanks for the help, will take a look tonight and hopefully sort something.

Cheers.