Blue spring !

S3 JOHN

Reaction score
Hi all ,

Received my service kit and my yellow spring for my forge006 dv today . first time i have ever serviced this apart from greasing it up now and again . When i opened it up and had a close look at the spring it was the blue one? on the forge website it states the blue one is for 23-30 psi and this has been in there since i brought the car standard! Its stage one now .
Would this of had any great effect on performance as it seems to be running alot better now iv fitted the yellow one ?

i understand quite a bit about these cars/cars. but one thing i dont get is the springs in these dump valves.
iv'e no idea how they can make any difference seeing as the boost isnt acting against the spring. and the vaccuum will always remain the same.
but if you think its running better now, stick with it.

Could be to do with the fact i have just greased it up tho and fitted new sills . I was wondering about this too? as the only way the spring would be effected by boost is if you fit the dump valve the wrong way round. Strange ! there must be a reason tho as they would not sell different springs? unless its a money making tactic?