Changing over Instrument cluster

f13ldy

Reaction score
I've given up on my instrument cluster - (only works when its warm) so I've sourced a second hand one from a scrappy which has the same model number etc..

I called HR Owen Audi in Nth London and they've said that they will not even attempt to fit it. By fitting I mean recoding the immobiliser using the time sensitive code from Audi-Germany.

Does anyone know of a more enlightened dealer in the South East who will?

Cheers
Carlos

what years your car, the immobiliser coding is stored in an eeprom on some pcb's and this should be easily overcome, but on the newer type itsstored in a micro, this is the problem one. open them up and take a piccy for us to view

Hi,

Its a 2001 Audi A3 PD130 with the Jaeger/Magentti Marelli cluster. I will try and get a few pics... also if anyone knows of a cluster repairer anywhere in the UK, I would be very grateful. There are hundreds of them in the USA, but I can't find a single one here.

Cheers
Carlos

they sound like a bunch of useless gits. I'd imagine even though they didnt supply the part they would happily charge you to fit it.

there's a place near manchester called camco88, i used them a few years ago to fix a G60 ecu, im pretty sure they do instrument repairs too. google should find them m8.