Remove&refit of a k03 turbo help!!

Wilts

Reaction score
Hey guys iv got a second hand k03 coming next wk and me and my mecanic mate are gunna try and fit it, could some1 be kind enuf and write me up a little guide on what to do and what needs to be taking of etc id be really greatfull many thanks!!

In all farenes if you mate is a mechanic surely he knows how to change a turbo ?

Undo the 3 turbo/mani bolts, take the exhaust manifold off and all will be revealed... the coolant pipe that goes around the back of the engine under the ex mani just needs moving down a tad to get to the stud nuts (cyl 1 and 2)... the rest should be fairly easy to work out...

Undo the downpipe from under the car...

<tuffty/>

Google ko3 swap to ko3s and it should come up with a very detailed guide of how its done with all the gaskets, etc needed.think its on ukmkivs

As always tuffty thank you fella, and marty my mate is a tyre fitter but only does minor work at his place.

Iv read its 3 bolt job but on the turbo im getting theres 4 long threads is this rite? And what gaskets do i need as i cant seem to find what or how many i need im using my fone and signal crap so just easier to post here. Thanks

you will need turbo to manifold gasket and turbo to downpipe gasket.

Make sure before you fit new turbo you use a syringe and push some oil into the oil feed on the turbo also worth replacing the engine oil and filter at the same time. Me personally always unplug the injectors when its done and turn it over to make sure the oil gets round properly and then connect injectors and fire it up. However you will need diagnostics to clear the open circuit codes for the injectors

Hope that helps

Are these gaskets only from main dealer as i cant find them on ebay.

Get the proper ones from dealer the cheap ones normally break down and end up blowing

gasket from main dealer yes. you also need oil and water crush washers. Google ko3S swap and there's a massive how to guide on UK MKIVS by a member called NooNoo.

I've never needed to remove a manifold to do it in the past though. Comes out easily enough without :)

With the manifold off you can easily get to the oil and water hoses on top... just easier... why make more work for yourself :)

Can have one off in less than an hour...

<tuffty/>

Is it 3 or 4 bolts? Coz the1 im buying has 4 long threads with the hole in middle of them!! What the hell is oil and water crushers lol?

3 bolts is the exhaust manifold side, 4 bolts is the downpipe side.

It's just the other way up in pictures.