Ko4 hybrid remap : )

liquids3

Reaction score
It's nearly time for my remap on my 2001 amk s3,start of next month hopefully.
List so far;
Ko4 hybrid (2283 Compresor wheel)
Xs power mani
xs power dp-getting next week
bosch 550cc injectors
Fmic

Already on car
bmc airfilter
forge tip plus full forge hose kit
forge 008 dv
full miltek non res cat back

Anything anyone else would recomend before remap?,i am thinking of mayby different airfilter mayby b5 tip as wel,any thoughts?

B5 TIP, Jetex (unless the BMC is a twincone) initially and to get the most out of it a large port head and WMI...

You taking the car to Bills?

<tuffty/>

B5 TIP, Jetex (unless the BMC is a twincone) initially and to get the most out of it a large port head and WMI...

You taking the car to Bills?

<tuffty/>
It's a single bmc carbon airfilter,heard quite resrictive.with the b5 tip can you just purcase the metal conector peice's seperatly,reason being i would like to keep all the forge hoses,mayby buy two 90 degree bends from forge and use b5 tech.yes it will be goin to bill's,i lost my job a month ago back in work now,just had to put car on hold,should be end of this month start of next hopefully.wmi good point,also i am running the frontmount plus standard fmic's is this a problem?

It's a single bmc carbon airfilter,heard quite resrictive.with the b5 tip can you just purcase the metal conector peice's seperatly,reason being i would like to keep all the forge hoses,mayby buy two 90 degree bends from forge and use b5 tech.yes it will be goin to bill's,i lost my job a month ago back in work now,just had to put car on hold,should be end of this month start of next hopefully.wmi good point,also i am running the frontmount plus standard fmic's is this a problem?

Ah, yeah... the CDA is restrictive as hell... as for the intercooler setup... the biggest issue will be pressure drop and overall flow... no idea until its on the dyno... ideally you would want to be using a single large FMIC like the AH Fabs V2 or Welly cooler but the mapping will be done to the hardware you have...

The billet won't be of much use on its own... Bill only does 80mm versions now and its too large for std 76mm hoses... plus you won't have the outlets for the N75, DV etc on it..

You can sell the Forge TIP on eBay and get most of your money back...

<tuffty/>

The BMC CDA air filter is a restriction I can guarantee you that! My mate has an AMK in his Seat LCR, and he had a BMC CDA on his, He went for a stage 2 remap, with FMIC, XS power manifold, downpipe and decat, Forge TIP and BMC CDA and could only make 254bhp on the rollers. So the kind gent I am, lent him my Jetex to do a couple of dyno runs, and after a bit of jiggery pokery with fuelling and boost, found it breathed ALOT easier and it made 276bhp!!!

Although the IAT with the BMC CDA were lower than with my jetex.. It's that restrictive it's pointless. But if you were to buy the B5 V2 TIP, Jetex and Heatsheild, and fitted an additional cold air feed, the IAT issue would be more or less resolved.

Hope this helps your choice ;)

I had some silly tornado cone filter thing on my S3 with a B5 tip and with out I got 22grams extra airflow than with it on... I'd suggest a B5 and decent filter without fail.

Ah, yeah... the CDA is restrictive as hell... as for the intercooler setup... the biggest issue will be pressure drop and overall flow... no idea until its on the dyno... ideally you would want to be using a single large FMIC like the AH Fabs V2 or Welly cooler but the mapping will be done to the hardware you have...

The billet won't be of much use on its own... Bill only does 80mm versions now and its too large for std 76mm hoses... plus you won't have the outlets for the N75, DV etc on it..

You can sell the Forge TIP on eBay and get most of your money back...

<tuffty/>
Thanks,i have the v2 fmic,i wonder if he will make a plain one,yes i am an anal **** lol,il go through it all with him.can't wait to get it all sorted,bit of bad luck lately.Thanks though.

The BMC CDA air filter is a restriction I can guarantee you that! My mate has an AMK in his Seat LCR, and he had a BMC CDA on his, He went for a stage 2 remap, with FMIC, XS power manifold, downpipe and decat, Forge TIP and BMC CDA and could only make 254bhp on the rollers. So the kind gent I am, lent him my Jetex to do a couple of dyno runs, and after a bit of jiggery pokery with fuelling and boost, found it breathed ALOT easier and it made 276bhp!!!

Although the IAT with the BMC CDA were lower than with my jetex.. It's that restrictive it's pointless. But if you were to buy the B5 V2 TIP, Jetex and Heatsheild, and fitted an additional cold air feed, the IAT issue would be more or less resolved.

Hope this helps your choice ;)
Thanks,defo get rid of that then,ebay lol,was ok for standard or remaped though.

I'd ditch the SMIC's if you are running an AH V2...

<tuffty/>
I bought it of a member on hear it looks like a v1 actualy slightly smaller,the top sits basicly inline with the top of the crash bar.

The V1 will have 51mm outlets on the endtanks... V2 has 63mm 90 deg bends

<tuffty/>

The V1 will have 51mm outlets on the endtanks... V2 has 63mm 90 deg bends

<tuffty/>
Yes its a v1,forgot which one,you have said on a previous post,63mm outlets are really what you want,so is the v1 capable,or ok with standard fmic as wel?

i personally wouldnt be happy with the pipe size. oem is 63mm, so anything less is a bit silly, especially when going as far as you are with a hybrid.
maybe its possible to get the end tanks modified for 63mm pipes?

i personally wouldnt be happy with the pipe size. oem is 63mm, so anything less is a bit silly, especially when going as far as you are with a hybrid.
Yes true,i found this one going cheep,was thinking that,i have a freind that is a **** hot fabricator so might go for that,all things obveously i want to sort b4 map.thanks.

Yes its a v1,forgot which one,you have said on a previous post,63mm outlets are really what you want,so is the v1 capable,or ok with standard fmic as wel?

OEM is 60mm not 63mm... I modded my V1 with 60mm 90deg bends but if I was to do it again I would use 63mm...
20100913_IMAG0259.jpg

More info here:
AH V1 FMIC outlets modding

<tuffty/>

All sounds good...just dont forget to start saving for a new dual mass flywheel and uprated paddle clutch though, it won't take long to destroy the standard clutch.

Unless, of course, you have one or are welly.

All sounds good...just dont forget to start saving for a new dual mass flywheel and uprated paddle clutch though, it won't take long to destroy the standard clutch.

Unless, of course, you have one or are welly.
Yes i am expecting the clutch not to cope with the power,i think i might map the car then clutch flywheel month after,are you running standard fuel pump jim?,ive heard they ar'nt great.

OEM is 60mm not 63mm... I modded my V1 with 60mm 90deg bends but if I was to do it again I would use 63mm...
20100913_IMAG0259.jpg

More info here:
AH V1 FMIC outlets modding

<tuffty/>
I don't normaly read through many build threads,just read though the link,one page,fair play love the work,keep us updated,i will read though the whole build when i have time : )

Yes i am expecting the clutch not to cope with the power,i think i might map the car then clutch flywheel month after,are you running standard fuel pump jim?,ive heard they ar'nt great.

I'm actually running a brand new OEM standard pump with some new genesis injectors. The old pump was in poor condition and listening to comments on here it was definately worth changing.

I have an inline pump lined up where needed but likelyhood is that it won't be needed.

Remapping again next week with a few tweaks to see how she goes.

Will have to meet sometime soon.

Is the XS manifold the prefered choice over, say... a jabbasport or any other available mani?

Jabba don't do a K04 manifold that I am aware of... choices are OEM, TSR, JBS and XS Power/Relentless...

The latter being the cheapest option and gives the most power potential but has been marred be reliabilty issues which are hopefully getting better

<tuffty/>

Nice one tuffty,:icon_thumright: I was leaning towards the XS as it appears to be the mani of choice here, especially amongst the big turbo & hybrid guys. I shall gather my monies together and get myself one :cool:

Nice one tuffty,:icon_thumright: I was leaning towards the XS as it appears to be the mani of choice here, especially amongst the big turbo & hybrid guys. I shall gather my monies together and get myself one :cool:
Yes xs is a good option,plus the new v3 newly designed one is out soon,you should be able to find info with a search about it (xs power manifold v3).

I'm actually running a brand new OEM standard pump with some new genesis injectors. The old pump was in poor condition and listening to comments on here it was definately worth changing.

I have an inline pump lined up where needed but likelyhood is that it won't be needed.

Remapping again next week with a few tweaks to see how she goes.

Will have to meet sometime soon.
Oh fair enough,yes defo,give me a month mayby two and there will be a race,(badger 5 you need to make mine quick now),lol,no i have your number now i will give you a tinckle some time.

pm sam bryant or join his facebook page and he'll sort for about £197.

new v3 mani is available shortly but generally untested.

v2, like mine, appear to be fine and works very well. I've been running it longer than most on this site and have done about 8k miles on it already. I also don't drive like miss daisy.

Having said that, i've not taken onto a track yet...and have only been running it since january this year. It's a fairly new part. v1's cracked...and required re-welding/strengthening.

Tufty/Welly/Bill did lots of testing and have been involved in further modifications to the part and ceratinly one i'm very happy with.

happy hunting