Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

S3 pop noise on start up from cold

My S3 amk makes a pop noise when started dfrom cold. Seems to come from
    in the engine bay towards the centre / near side. Runs sweet as a nut and no codes.
    Help!
    REVO Stage 2, Eibach anti roll bar kit, forge 007p diverter valve (yellow spring), Badger5 turbo intake pipe with Jetex filter and Neuspeed heat shield, Forge upper bost hoses, N75, DV and Cam breather hoses, XS Power 3" downpipe 200cell cat and 3" cat back system, Apex 30mm springs, N249 bypass, Oil catch can and PVC delete, Front Mount Intercooler............

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    I am not sure whether my case would apply to yours. My car starts very rough when the engine is cold but then when the engine is getting warmer, the car runs as normal and the pop sound has gone too. Mentioned that symptom to a mechanic who said that the head gas kit has to be replaced. He said its because of the oil has leaked towards the spark plugs. When the engine stays overnight, the oil has actually run down to the spark plugs.But when the engine gets warm, these oil has burned and then the problem will be gone.

This is just my experience though. I am just an IT guy but his explanation makes a bit sense... And now the issue has fixed.

1st Gear

Status
    Bump any ideas anyone? Sounds like a hose expanding then popping under pressure sort of noise, if that makes any sense?
    Ive checked all hoses and all ok!
    REVO Stage 2, Eibach anti roll bar kit, forge 007p diverter valve (yellow spring), Badger5 turbo intake pipe with Jetex filter and Neuspeed heat shield, Forge upper bost hoses, N75, DV and Cam breather hoses, XS Power 3" downpipe 200cell cat and 3" cat back system, Apex 30mm springs, N249 bypass, Oil catch can and PVC delete, Front Mount Intercooler............

1st Gear

Status
    Problem solved! It was the Forge 007p. I've recently had the car REVO'd and when I changed the spring I noticed that the valve was sticky. Cleaned it up and regressed and now all is good!