Front Mount Intercooler

ashacre

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what a Front Mount Intercooler will give me ??

Ta

...an enormous sense of wellbeing?

A FMIC won’t ‘give’ you anything by way of power.
It will however, stop the engine loosing the power it is capable of making by cooling the inlet charge better on warm days, resisting heatsoak better etc.

But a FMIC won’t add power.

you will more than likely see about 10 bhp on a dyno when you put a fmic on. but like ess-three says its because you have recovered lost bhp due to heat soak. well worth doing though. also try the cold side diverter conversion, it cuts down the turbo lag feel a bit, makes it smoother back on the power after each change,

on this matter, I have been experiencing what is probably lag. If I am "on cam" and "drop the hammer" it picks up a second or 2 later with a real thud. This is recent and hasn't been behaving like this before, it so sudden and aggresive like someone has booted the car forward. It used to be more progressive and probably faster, is this a side effect of the hot weather or something i need to be watching??

[ QUOTE ]
on this matter, I have been experiencing what is probably lag. If I am "on cam" and "drop the hammer" it picks up a second or 2 later with a real thud. This is recent and hasn't been behaving like this before, it so sudden and aggresive like someone has booted the car forward. It used to be more progressive and probably faster, is this a side effect of the hot weather or something i need to be watching??

[/ QUOTE ]

Turbo lag is basically the time it takes for your turbo to spin upto speed from the moment you press the throttle, if there is a 2sec delay before the power comes in, then I should get it checked, shouldn't be more than 1 sec delay, unless you are pulling 1k revs of course. I had the 2 second delay problem a while back, before I got my car remapped, turned out to be a knackered MAF, so maybe worth a look?
Hot weather usually reduces performance a little due to heatsoak, and sometimes smoother power delivery because of it.

Especially helps out when running big boost from a chipped car.