Bose subwoofer blown speakers Q..

IFFY_77

Reaction score
Hi iv just bought a S3 I realised the built i'n Bose subwoofer speaker is cracked n fluttering any1 know wer I mite b able to get ahold a bose one, but also I was thinking of just replacing it with a good quality Sony or sumthing etc u think I'd b compromising sound quality or for the ££££ .... Hmmmm thanks

2 options;

1. Ebay it, every now and again a bose sub comes up.

2. Talk to AndyMac on here, he makes and sells excellent quality direct after market replacements which offer MUCH better bass. See the link below.

dizzythedog.com

Dan

Last edited:
This is a perfect opportunity to go for andymac!!

hey guys thanks for reply Mr Lemon its the speaker not box so jus replacement speaker. Dan and Gops this AndyMac sounds like the man with a sound plan ill have to get in touch with him. Have any of you guys had speakers from him ?thanks

I've just had a quote from him, Im just thinking about ordering this week. However I'm undecided to get this or a remap....? Hence my dilemma...

hey guys thanks for reply Mr Lemon its the speaker not box so jus replacement speaker. Dan and Gops this AndyMac sounds like the man with a sound plan ill have to get in touch with him. Have any of you guys had speakers from him ?thanks

Is it both or just the one? If its just one, I've got a spare one you can have.

Oww id go for remap allday n drive about corners with the stereo off and the windows down but its all about the ££££ i need other things done suspension geometry set up, service pannel filter before my remap etc so speaker replacement is the afordable option atm and that fluttering bose speaker is ******* me OFF now..:banghead:
How much did he quote u for the sub and is it the JBL like on his site looks tempting if its the right price.
@ Lemon ill have to check the speakers im not sure if its both, if just the one id most probably take the one off you but the jbd looks phat very tempting Bass in the place mmmmmm.

@ Lemon ill have to check the speakers im not sure if its both, if just the one id most probably take the one off you but the jbd looks phat very tempting Bass in the place mmmmmm.

Yeh i want to get an AndyMac sub when funds allow me to, but just thought you'd want it as i know how annoying that noise is. Mine wasn't the speaker though, the front panel was cracked where the middle screw on the right is, just made one from mdf n sounds 10 times better.

Need to take speakers out n check properly I need to get a screwdriver for these weird star type screws that hold speakers in annoying have to go buy one.

My sub sounded really bad so I pulled it apart and found one of the wires had broke to one of the subs, repaired this and all is good, just remember to reseal the face of the box if u take it off as I had to take it all out again as it was flapping really badly.

Need to take speakers out n check properly I need to get a screwdriver for these weird star type screws that hold speakers in annoying have to go buy one.

They're Torx bits, I think you need a T15 (thats just a guess though, i can double check in a bit).

It's a T20 but a T15 will do. You'll buy them in a set from pretty much anywhere. Don't dis them they are excellent, not sure why any other type of screw head still exists

It's a T20 but a T15 will do. You'll buy them in a set from pretty much anywhere. Don't dis them they are excellent, not sure why any other type of screw head still exists

Yeh got to admit, I've never rounded or slipped off a torn screw/bolt before.

Cheers guys I'm off work today gota find a shop that sells these on a Sunday now lol