As above I pulled off and as I drove down the road a funny grindy noise came from the front wheel area, sounded as if a bit of wire was wrapped round the wheel or a bolt had come loose and was rubbing. I stopped the car had a look but nothing so I rolled it forward then back could still hear it then back once more and it went, not heard it since and Iv dove about 10 miles.
I scanned it just and it's thrown a fault code the only one there is this. 00526 - Brake Light Switch (F): Implausible Signal
- Wiring/Connectors from/to Brake Light Switch (F) faulty
- Brake Light Switch (F) faulty
- Check/Repair Wiring/Connectors from/to Brake Light Switch (F)
- Check/Replace Brake Light Switch (F)
- Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)
- FAQ 2.7. Many Automatic Transmission Control Modules will show a DTC 00526 or 17087 that indicates a faulty brake light switch. This can be ignored and will not appear if you press the brakes once before checking for Fault Codes.
As I'm going to inters it's bugging me anyone know if it's a easy fix or do I need to do anything to be on the safe side and would this be cause the above fault of the grinding noise.