Funny noise pulling off today any idea's

rhubarb4

Certified Audi nutter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
As above I pulled off and as I drove down the road a funny grindy noise came from the front wheel area, sounded as if a bit of wire was wrapped round the wheel or a bolt had come loose and was rubbing. I stopped the car had a look but nothing so I rolled it forward then back could still hear it then back once more and it went, not heard it since and Iv dove about 10 miles.

I scanned it just and it's thrown a fault code the only one there is this. [h=3]00526 - Brake Light Switch (F): Implausible Signal[/h][h=4]Possible Causes[/h]
  • Wiring/Connectors from/to Brake Light Switch (F) faulty
  • Brake Light Switch (F) faulty
[h=4]Possible Solutions[/h]
  • Check/Repair Wiring/Connectors from/to Brake Light Switch (F)
  • Check/Replace Brake Light Switch (F)
    • Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)
[h=4]Special Notes[/h]
  • FAQ 2.7. Many Automatic Transmission Control Modules will show a DTC 00526 or 17087 that indicates a faulty brake light switch. This can be ignored and will not appear if you press the brakes once before checking for Fault Codes.

As I'm going to inters it's bugging me anyone know if it's a easy fix or do I need to do anything to be on the safe side and would this be cause the above fault of the grinding noise.

Thanks, Chris.

I had the same noise after I fitted my new suspension, turned out I had knocked the splash guard on to one of the discs. They're really flimsy and bendy so it just bent back. I'm not saying that's your problem but could be a possibility?

I had a look but the splash guards are fine, it's really bad timing as I won't have any spare time to get it to a garage before inters, just hoping it will be ok.