dodgy grinding feeling when braking?

James TQ

Reaction score
hey guys,

basically what the issue is, when im going fast, A roads ect if im firmish on the brakes and theres a bump in the road or a dip them brake peddle feels like is grinding and you can feel it strongly in your foot, i have run vag com and no codes relating to this? i know my front disks are slightly warped would this have anything do with it?

thnaks.

Are they standard brakes? or drilled etc?

I have the same thing with one of my rear brakes. They are pretty much brand new discs as well. Really ****** annoying. I may have to get it plugged in to see what codes come up/if any.

My old discs were warped but didn't really have the grinding feeling.....they just broke unevenly and the steering wheel would wobble.

It almost feels like the pads are somehow moving a tiny bit when mine feel like they are grinding.

Again I can second the above, it is so annoying when I've just spent £400 on new discs and pads all round and fitting and this happens!

Very irritating!

ABS kicking in ? Just a thought.

^ +1! It sounds like the ABS! Especially going over a bump or drain.

I get this from front wen braking normally just fort it was normal as car just went thru mot fine.

Yeah.......Tuffty mentioned on a post i put a couple of days ago that it could be ABS sensor/wire. Would have thought something would have popped up code wise when you had it hooked up. Mine isn't toooo bad but its pretty annoying!! If you guys ever get yours sorted, would love to know how and costs etc :)

It's a pre face lift. No abs light. I was having a moment last night doing donuts on grass as a tapped the brake and it was there again ill have a mechanic check it :/ it seems like its a widespread problem so it will be interesting to resolve

Yeah mine is prefacelift too. I keep thinking my rear callipers are knackered. If you could let me know what the mechanic finds that would be awesome. thanks