Oil pick up pipe done!

scotty_24

Reaction score
Done the pick up pipe and oil / filter change on the car today. Sump was caked in burnt oil so spent ages clearing it out.
Revo map now booked for July 7th, can't wait!

I highly recommend doing the pipe, the bits cost hardly anything an can save so much hassle later down the line!

Nice one! This a job I need to do on mine. I doubt it's blocked as its been pretty well serviced but it can't do any harm! I have to change the sump anyway as the threads on the sump plug are a bit worse for wear ! Ordered a new one from ECS.

Nice one! This a job I need to do on mine. I doubt it's blocked as its been pretty well serviced but it can't do any harm! I have to change the sump anyway as the threads on the sump plug are a bit worse for wear ! Ordered a new one from ECS.

I just wanted to do it for peice of mind before it gets REVO'd.
My friend has a TT and the pipe blocked up on his, and took out his turbo. Not good!

Hi there would like to do this on my 2001 s3 amk just wondering how do I get to the pipe.. which pipe is it? :) cheers

Hi there would like to do this on my 2001 s3 amk just wondering how do I get to the pipe.. which pipe is it? :) cheers

Theres a thread in the stickies about it, you have to remove the sump to grg to the pick up pipe,
You'll need the pipe, o ring, sump sealant, oil and oil filter. I got all my parts from TPS as I work for VW.