One job to another!!!!

andya3turbo

Reaction score
Just come in from being in my garage all cosy while the wind and rain batters the door lol, anyway injectors are soaking in there bath, along with the fpr. inlet mani also cleaned, get a build up of greasy gunk. buuuuut i now need a new dipstick tube and a block oil breather pipe :( its the weekend too so no chance of getting them parts till Monday then will have to wait for them to come. it could be worse i know but i dont get to drive the car now sad times!!!

I know the feeling man!

I'm sat waiting for a new sump to arrive via Royal Mail 1st class recorded.

Until that comes, the a3 is sat weeing oil for fun :(

I know the feeling man!

Did my sump the other day, now found out it's leaking oil from rocker gasket and another small half moon type seal near camshaft! Wikid , the joys of old cars!

Haha s33nyboy12! Luckily i've got a good mate who works at kwik-fit so has access to ramps and all tools needed.

He did a free oil change the other day with new oil filter (also using the best mobil 5w30 fully synthetic) for free, then told me the sump plug wasn't tightening. He's only charging me £30 to replace the full sump and put fresh oil in again even though he only did the other day haha!

But yes, the joys of constantly maintaining the "well-aged" cars :p

Dibdub1:1601145 said:
I know the feeling man!

Toooooo low mate? I had to raise mine up as it was scrapping on everything.at least now it doesn't take me 2 days to get over a speed bump

You can get a dipstick funnel from gsf! Only cost me 1.64 on trade!

Toooooo low mate? I had to raise mine up as it was scrapping on everything.at least now it doesn't take me 2 days to get over a speed bump

It is silly low on 17's but it's not that, the threads on the sump for the dump plug are shagged :/ just got a standard replacement on the way for now but going to upgrade to a hybrid shallow sump further down the line lol

Mine is lowered 35mm and i have pulled up on some kerbs and heard a metal to concrete noise lol. injectors now done and car running all smooth ahhhhh, breather tube was part of a £60 kit so a silicone reducer on its way lol and so to is the dipstick tube. :rockwoot:

Dibdub1:1601598 said:

It is silly low on 17's but it's not that, the threads on the sump for the dump plug are shagged :/ just got a standard replacement on the way for now but going to upgrade to a hybrid shallow sump further down the line lol
you want to be careful with those sumps.I've heard they can causes oil starvation depending on driving style.I'd recommend a standard sump whit with a full undertray.would deffy do the job