will a golf mk4 1.8t cat back fit my 8l audi a3 1.8t?

marshall-12

Reaction score
anyone know if they will fit?

found this one on ebay:
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

or this one:
Sportex VW Golf mk4 performance exhaust system 1.8T GTi 20v turbo 10/1997-2004 | eBay

there seems to be nothing for audi a3's without spending like double the price :/
i know they share the same floor pan, im happy to trim the rear plastic on the bumper which i will do anyway cause it looks alot better.

i emailed that top one to ask if it will fit, he said no it will only fit the vehicle described, which tells me he wants to cover his own back which is fair enough.

anyone know someone with a golf cat back fitted?

cheers

I feel your pain. Not too many options out there that don't cost a fortune. Anyway, I too have been looking at the first listing thinking the same thing! The only downside I've heard is the Golf is slightly longer, which is not a bad thing because you can always cut to fit. Will you be fitting it yourself?

yeah ill be fitting it myself, im pritty sure there not actually longer and that they do share the same floor pan, so i think there just a bold on easy fit just like one made for the audi.
just want some people to confirm this so i dont waste money haha

Hi Marshall my exhaust system is a Scorpian cat back system from eBay and was from a mk4 golf gti for a bargain £90! But the system was longer not by much just a few inches mate but was a easy straight fit

ahh i see.
where did you cut it? and what did you use?

if its easy i think ill defo buy myself one from a golf, so much cheaper and i have the tools to do it.
cheers pal much appreicate it

should fit fine really, and mods to make it fit will be small.

Ok cool cheers guys, just saw off a bit of the pipe if it's too long? Which part of the pipe?

Also not sure about that top one because I don't want the tail pipes to be hanging so low :/ as they have been bent down

I cut mine so slightly by the cat section mate wasn't a big job

Reactions: marshall-12
cheers mate :) ill look into a golf cat back then and save myself a shed load of cash haha

Hi would a back box delete from Audi A4 fit on a golf Mk5 anyone any idea please thank you

anyone know if they will fit?

found this one on ebay:
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

or this one:
Sportex VW Golf mk4 performance exhaust system 1.8T GTi 20v turbo 10/1997-2004 | eBay

there seems to be nothing for audi a3's without spending like double the price :/
i know they share the same floor pan, im happy to trim the rear plastic on the bumper which i will do anyway cause it looks alot better.

i emailed that top one to ask if it will fit, he said no it will only fit the vehicle described, which tells me he wants to cover his own back which is fair enough.

anyone know someone with a golf cat back fitted?

cheers
I cut mine so slightly by the cat section mate wasn't a big job