I got a few things done this weekend. Starting with the gearbox dog bone bushes.
I had previously fitted the yellow bushes to the dog bone, but i forgot to replace the centre circular bush.
I used a vice, 20mm socket and a couple bits of wood to push the old bush out.
The rubber in the bushing fell apart in my hands, so it was well over due for changing.
I used the same method as above to push the new poly bush into its home.
Once fitted, the car felt better under heavy load shifting.
Next, I fitted Neuspeed RS adjustable control arms.
I wanted to fit polybushed arms after hearing other members having issues with ball joint bushes. But i got these for a good price and so far haven't had any issues.
I fitted them as the top arms, since they were to big for the light auto level bracket.
I found it surprisingly easy. 3 bolts per side and I was done.
Next on the list, Aero-wipers. A set of late mk4 arms and wipers popped up cheap. So i snapped them up.
And i got the polo aero arm and wiper to match.
Last job were the brakes. I was due to fit new pads and rotors on the rears.
While i was there, i gave them all a new coat of paint.