introducing the new Relentless K04 manifold v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sambryant

These are the first pictures released from relentless.

the upgrades are
Titanium induced 321 stainless steel
Back purged welds
less joins

Prices to be confirmed
OUT SOON !!!

this is not a forsale thread, just informing members of a new product available soon. sticky if possible :)

******* i just fitted v2,lol no looks good,i like.

Me likey alot. But yeah on side by side shots of this and the v2?

My v2 not fitted yet but u can see the massive difference If this ever has problem then v3 all the way lol

7c8b291e.jpg

Looks very nice indeed Sam! Great to see comments being taken on board and issues addressed.

I said it over on SSS, and I'll say it again here because I'm not just being cheeky trying to blag one:

I still believe the only way to truly develop a product and ENSURE it's long term durability is for it to undergo some serious hard core testing, and I honestly don't believe that's ever going to happen on a road car....

The V2 appeared to come out without any form of testing at all, the issues over the V1 seemed to be addressed, but it doesn't appear that any long term testing was done on them. Without sending some out to test, under varying conditions, I don't see how they can confidently put faith in the product.

Yeah less welds in the runners but i thought the main issue was the collector cracking ? wether those
back purged welds will help time will tell interested to see people get on with this

i will add like nick said most manifolds goes through some sort of testing before release in this case
you are testing it and paying for any issues you get with it

I don't think it's really possible to reduce the number of welds in the collector area though, so all you can do is improve material quality and welding method.

More radius bends and less butt joints can only be a good thing though, the internals of the V1 and V2 are pretty messy at the joints, so less joints will be less disturbance to flow.

well guys i have a price for the new v3 manifold but unsure if i can say so on here, pm me? all i will say its not much more than the v2 :) the first manifold is on its way to me this week, once it gets the go ahead , thats when they will start being made and sold.
i will get plenty of photos of the v3 :)

Yeah course you can mate, your not exactly doing a for sale thread so post the price up. So will you be fitting and testing the manifold yourself sam?

Considering the poor customer service of XS power in the UK, I can't honestly see why anyone would go through them myself.....

Still think I should get one to test though :p

Edit: Sorry Jase! my bad.

Last edited:
Yeah course you can mate, your not exactly doing a for sale thread so post the price up.
I think it will become a for sale thread if figures are mentioned Danny.

Too late, prawny boys dropped the price in lol.

Considering the poor customer service of XS power in the UK, I can't honestly see why anyone would go through them myself.....

Still think I should get one to test though :p

prawn you are funny, but seriously i do really appreciate all your help, you have been super :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha yup.

Whats with the dislike jason?

Prawn posted whilst I was wording a reply so please no figures.
PM Sam by all means as these are much sought after which we all appreciate.

ohps. Sorry Jase. Rules are complex. Prawn is simple. sometimes these two opposites clash!

Sam: I have started so I'll finish, I will keep on buying relentless manifolds even if they do crack, next version each time, and I'll keep on spreading the word until i'm world famous as 'Prawn the relentless guy'. :)

Then Relentless themselves will be calling me up and paying me to use a V9 or whatever revision we end up on with the perfect product, and all for the same cost as a sack of spuds no doubt :rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.